News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Phonepower Refuses to Allow Account - Says No International Calls

Started by tkolarik, October 10, 2015, 02:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tkolarik

I bought an Obi200 to replace my Vonage service. I called and ordered the $59 Unlimited US / 60 Minute International Plan yesterday. Today I got a call saying they rated us a 64 fraud score and would not allow us to do any International calling.   

This is obviously a bait and switch deal.  Either they don't want me to get the advertised rate or Obihai is using their rate to entice people to buy their devices. 

Sending in a support request but without the advertised rate available on the Obihai site, I will be returning the device to Amazon.

LTN1

If you don't like the device...just return it. No one will lose sleep over your anger. Obihai has no control over PhonePower. They're the ones for whom you should make your complaint. There are many other options but why waste time discussing if all your hopes with this one provider is dashed and your message seems to imply that all you want is the PhonePower setup. Just return it and be done with it.

MurrayB

tkolarik

Quote from: MurrayB on October 11, 2015, 07:26:02 AM
Where does this "fraud score" come from?

I have no idea, all they got was our name and address, and current contact number, which I was not porting. That's why I posted this. They have no call history or credit info so how do they presume to label me "probable fraud".

I feel that they must finding a way around honoring the advertised $59 deal. They refused to discuss anything other than say it is an upper management decision and refunded my money.