News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi Attendand Option 2 Not Working

Started by ChupaCabra, October 12, 2015, 12:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChupaCabra

Hello everyone,

Fairly new Obi user here with hopefully an easy one. I've had an Obi200 in the US for about a month and everything works as advertised. I have another one up and running in the Philippines which as far as I can tell, works as well as the one here in the US, even with GV.

My issue is when I select the Attendant (option 2) when calling the OBI200 in the Philippines, I get "The number you dialed is invalid". This feature works with the US Obi and both Obi's are practically set up identically.

Any 10-digit number I press (even tested it with 1 as a prefix) results in the same error.

Might there have been an option I missed during set up (though I can't imagine what that might be based on how the US Obi works perfectly)?

Please note that calls made between Obi's, GV's and US numbers appear to work fine. It's only option 2 in the Attendant that doesn't work.

Thank you so much in advance to anyone who might throw in some ideas as to what's causing this issue!

:)

ianobi

There are several possibilities. It would be easier to find the problem if someone could look at the local Call History to see what digits have dialled by the Auto Attendant and which sp they have been routed to. Call History is only available via the local web page - dial ***1 to find the ip address, "admin" and "admin" will get you past the password etc.

The Auto Attendant has its own Primary Line, Digit Map, and OutboundCallRoute, so it is possible that these are not set the same as for the Phone Port. This might result in the Auto Attendant trying to dial numbers that are not valid for a particular service provider. However, this is unlikely if you have not changed the defaults, then the Primary Line is most likely sp1 and the digit maps should work for most service providers.

If there is someone at the local site, then they can dial **0 from the Phone Port which will connect them to the Auto Attendant and then select Option 2 and try to dial from there. If that works and you have problems using the Auto Attendant remotely, then the problem may be the way in which you are sending the DTMF tones after you have connected to the Auto Attendant. If you are dialling from your US OBi, then you can try different methods of sending DTMF. Is the problem the same if you dial to the Philippines OBi via a landline or cell phone or via the local OBi?

Easiest tests are to try AA locally see if that works first, then think about possible remote problems.