News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dial out plan help

Started by sparkydc, October 18, 2015, 04:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkydc

Looking to setup a simple dial out plan, all USA on sp1 all outside the USA uses sp2. The more I read the more confused I am with dial plans.

drgeoff

A few basic questions.

1. Do you want to have 7 digit dialling for numbers in your area code?

2. Do you require 911 and if yes,  which SP is providing it?

3. Which of '011' or '00' does your SP2 provider require for non-USA calls?

4.  Irrespective of Q3, which of '011' or '00' do you want to dial when making non-USA calls?

sparkydc

Sp1 is Google
Sp2 is call centric. Don't believe I need to dial oo1/just the country code.
Local dialing not a big deal
911 not required because phone might move between 2/states.

This is to simply automated the function of dialing inside or outside the country without having to put in a star code. It will be used by my elderly mother. I will program some speed dials other will be manually done.

ianobi

Assuming Primary Line is sp1 (GV):

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > PrimaryLine: SP1 Service

Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > General > DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<**2>011xx.S4)

This is the most simple of configs. The only downside is that if CallCentric fails, then you cannot force international calls via GV. However, if GV fails then you can force USA calls via CallCentric by using **2.

I have omitted local 7-digit dialling as you say this OBi may move between states.

Let me know if you want something more fancy with automatic failovers etc.

SteveInWA

Have you compared the per-minute rates between GV and CC for the international destination(s) your mother calls?  I'm curious, since GV is usually cheaper.

https://www.google.com/voice/b/0/rates?hl=en&p=hangout

http://www.callcentric.com/find/rate/

sparkydc

I found call quality and reliability to be better with callcentri. Also call centric is much cheaper to Mobil numbers. Most people in Portugal use Mobil numbers.