News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Calling obion (obion number) from Android

Started by Sotosobi, October 16, 2015, 06:32:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sotosobi

Dear friends,
Until I updated to marshmallow I used obion to call my obi110 and talk to my family. Obi110 sits behind a router in Italy. I use it only to reach the obi and not to place external calls. 

I am in desperate need of a solution.

I currently have obi110 setup with sp1 Google voice and sp2 with sipgate UK.
Since obion, does not work anymore on marshmallow
I tried Web rtcRTC but obi110 is not supported.

I found all the posts on sip2sip and getonsip but quite frankly I don't know if I can set them up. (ie I cannot set an sp3)

Some posts I found suggest to call via hangouts my obi110 account (and the associated Gmail account) but I tried that and I didn't succeed. Maybe I did something wrong. 

Can you please shed some light and help me out... To find a suitable and convenient alternative?

One idea I had was to sign up for a new sipgate account and setup an android soft phone to call my sipgate that sits on the obi but since I already have obinet I found it redundant. Anyway any thoughts are greatly welcomed.

Thanks a priori.

ianobi

QuoteOne idea I had was to sign up for a new sipgate account and setup an android soft phone to call my sipgate that sits on the obi

This seems like the obvious answer. It costs nothing to set up a sipgate account and calls between sipgate numbers are free. Sipgate recommend Zoiper as an android softphone. Others such as Linphone or CSipSimple would also work.