News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Asking for Steve's GV Expertise

Started by LTN1, October 16, 2015, 10:37:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LTN1

Hi Steve. I've left some comments in the GV forum about some GV issues for the past day but thought I flag you down on this forum because I don't know if it has anything to do with the OBi.

Over the past day, I've noticed one of my GV accounts with delayed connection even when I hear the rings--but it never does connect and goes straight into voicemail. I've also had issues with adding a forwarding number--the verification call comes in but will not accept the DMTF signal for verification.

Can you see if there is an issue affecting some users--and if there is, is it mainly on GV's part?

Here's my new thread: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!mydiscussions/voice/hYvgfdqRA3g

Here are some threads that I posted comments about similar issues:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!mydiscussions/voice/8Q347TNdmRo
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!mydiscussions/voice/uhm-TALyCTc

Thanks.

SteveInWA

Hi Lt!

Thanks for the links.  It's hard to know when individual users' issues have the same root cause, as there are various problems that can present similar symptoms.  But, I agree that something seems to be intermittently failing.  I experienced this myself a couple hours ago, but I figured it was a one-off glitch.

Some of the GV team is in off-site meetings today and tomorrow, but I assume they'll notice the posts and investigate it.  See my comments below, and append the thread you started with more details (date, time/timezone, last 4 digits of your GV number and last 4 digits of the number calling your GV number and the forwarding phone number).

With regard to the DTMF issue, that's probably something unrelated.  We see this occasionally.  It's either caused by someone trying to verify a VoIP number, and their SIP client isn't configured properly to match the DTMF method supported by their SIP carrier, or, it's an issue with one of the carriers between you and GV.  If you're using a SIP carrier, you can try toggling the DTMF setting on your OBi:

Service Providers --> ITSP Profile <x> General --> DTMFMethod   <-- Start with the default, "Auto", and if that doesn't work, try "RFC2833", and then try "InBand".   Also, make sure you are using the G.711 CODECs as the first choices.

If your CODEC settings don't fix it, and/or if the phone is a mobile, not a VoIP line, then open a dedicated discussion thread on the GV forum.  They'll need a redacted screenshot of your GV Settings page, Phones tab, with only the last 4 digits of your telephone numbers visible and the rest blocked out for privacy.  Also, you'll need to post some recent examples (timestamped) of the failures, so the engineer can look at which carrier was handling the calls.

LTN1

Thanks Steve...I appreciate the response. I'll append the additional information in case it helps tech support. You should know that the problem goes in and out and as it currently stands, it's working normally. Kind of like when I go to the doctor for a high temp.; for some reason when I'm there, my temperature isn't as high as I experienced at home--so he sends me home with some Tylenol--but when I get home, it spikes again. That's been the story of my life at times--same goes for some of these VoIP problems.