News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Renewed Anveo E911 & Now I'm Lost

Started by m4paws, October 16, 2015, 07:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m4paws

Hi everyone,
I have had an Obi202 for the past year.  I use GV on Line 1 as SIP 1, and a different GV number on Line 2 as SIP 2.  I got Anveo E911 service last year and it was automatically configured through Obi Talk and put on SIP 3.

However, my Anveo account had run out of funds so I added more funds but they told me that Obi no longer does the automatic configuration for the E911 service.

So I tried dialing 933 yesterday and it says I have E911 service, but I think I messed up my settings.  Can anyone look at my settings and tell me if they're right, or tell me how to configure Anveo E911 on SIP 3.

The reason I think it's messed up is on Anveo page when I look at calls made, it's showing all my outgoing phone calls from today.

Anyway, this is how Anveo is set up now:

First this part:

Anveo Account - Phone

Configuration Name      
Primary Line for Outgoing Calls    Phone 1  Phone 2   
Incoming Calls Will Ring On   Phone 1  Phone 2   [Incoming calls from this Service Provider will ring on the corresponding checked Phone 1, 2, or both]
Voicemail Notification (Optional)   Phone 1  Phone 2

Then this part:

Service Providers
Name
Status
Settings
SP1
GV 1
Connected

SP2 (Optional)
GV 2
Connected

SP3 (Optional)
OBi Anveo
Registered

Phone Port Configuration Summary
   Phone 1   Phone 2
Primary Line for Outgoing Calls Route to:    SP1     SP1
Phone Rings on Incoming Calls from:    SP1,SP2,SP3     SP1,SP2
Voicemail Notification Alert from:    SP3     SP3
Emergency Service Call Routes to:    SP3     SP3

SteveInWA

It's unclear what you are asking, but I am guessing you want to confirm that, when you call 911, your OBi will route calls out via your Anveo account on SP3, right?

If so, on your OBiTALK dashboard, click on your OBi 202 device.  Then, click on SP3, and make sure there is a check mark next to the "Use this service for 911 calls" option.  That's all you need to do.

m4paws

I am so sorry for my confusing post.  I didn't even understand it, LOL.  Thank you very much for replying.  I did like you said and there is the check mark on SIP 3 for the 911 service. 

I guess what was throwing me off was on Anveo's site, when I clicked on "calls made" and it was showing all the calls I had made from my Obi using GV.  I was wondering why Anveo would show those calls. 

So I went back into Obitalk and checked/unchecked a couple things.  Then today I went back to Anveo and looked at calls made and it's not showing any of the calls I made today.  So hopefully, I'm good.  I also tested dialing 933 again, for good measure, and that says the service is working.

Now I think it's time I make a backup of my settings.

Thanks again, very much appreciated.