News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Caller ID Not Displaying

Started by bsdaiwa, October 23, 2015, 03:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsdaiwa

On my Obi 200 I have setup CallCentric and three (3) GV accounts. All work satisfactorily except that Caller ID does not display the incoming callers information, nothing is displayed. Can anyone tell me how to setup the Cbi 200 for all those providers so that Caller ID displays.
Thank You

SteveInWA

Your post is ambiguous.  Please explain in more detail.  Did you configure your OBi to work directly with Google Voice on each of three different SP slots, with Callcentric being configured on the fourth SP, or are you forwarding GV to three different CC DID numbers, or what?

bsdaiwa

Quote from: SteveInWA on October 23, 2015, 03:59:19 PM
Your post is ambiguous.  Please explain in more detail.  Did you configure your OBi to work directly with Google Voice on each of three different SP slots, with Callcentric being configured on the fourth SP, or are you forwarding GV to three different CC DID numbers, or what?

SP1 is CallCentric, SP2,3 & 4 are GV. No forwarding is done.

SteveInWA

Inbound calls to your Google Voice phone numbers should display just the caller ID number.  GV does not support caller ID name, so that field will be blank.

Google Voice accounts can be configured to either send the calling party's phone number as caller ID, or your own GV phone number as caller ID - your choice.

If you are not seeing the caller ID number, then you've got some sort of configuration issue with your telephone, or you've made some non-standard change to your OBi configuration.  Google Voice will simply work as designed, by default, when properly set up via the OBiTALK portal, with no changes needed to support caller ID.

If you do see caller ID numbers, but wish to also see names (or some generic info like "Los Angeles" or "WA mobile caller"), then you can add a Callcentric inbound number (DID) as a forwarding destination to each GV account, and re-configure your OBi to connect to the CC numbers instead of to the GV numbers.  CC supports CNAM.

Milos

Hi Steve,

I configured Google Voice as SP1 and I am forwarding LINE calls via SP1. I would like Google Voice to forward the Caller ID of the LINE caller and I setup SIP parameters that way (X_SpoofCallerID), but that does not work for me. I also found somewhere that Google Voice does not support that function. I wonder if that's true.
Thanks,
Milos

SteveInWA

Quote from: Milos on November 18, 2015, 06:36:20 PM
Hi Steve,

I configured Google Voice as SP1 and I am forwarding LINE calls via SP1. I would like Google Voice to forward the Caller ID of the LINE caller and I setup SIP parameters that way (X_SpoofCallerID), but that does not work for me. I also found somewhere that Google Voice does not support that function. I wonder if that's true.
Thanks,
Milos

I don't understand what you are trying to do, but a) Google Voice does not support caller ID spoofing, and b) does not use any of the SIP parameters, since it does not use SIP.

Milos

Hi Steve,

My bad. I always thought that GV used SIP, somehow I thought that since I setup GV as "SP"1 in my OBI that meant that GV uses SiP.

Thanks for clarifying,
Milos