News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi110 config issues

Started by oj4rec, November 02, 2015, 11:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oj4rec

Trying to set up a device with not much of luck.
Firstly, have to say it's 2nd hand device with Engin customisation, which already adds a bit of issues due to self-provisioning. Adding a device to a portal return "Failed to add device: This device is customized for another service provider and cannot be added to your account!"
Now, only power light is on green. When trying test call **9 gives me short signals instead of a tone like busy or even shorter.
Any thoughts?

oj4rec

Whatever it was, the **9 issue is fixed by restoring backup configuration.
Back to square one - is it possible to wipe-off Engin customisation and load a standard one from OBi to allow adding the device on the portal? Currently, config is saved somewhere online and factory reset loads it back

drgeoff

Can you log in to the device's on board web server by pointing a browser on the same LAN at its IP address? (Dial ***4 from an attached phone to hear the address.) The usual defaults for username and password are both admin but I expect the customisation will have changed those.

If you can't get in that way and if you were sold the device under false pretenses,  I would advise that you seek redress from the seller.

oj4rec

Yes, I can connect the onboard web server.
You're absolutely correct that default password has been changed but I got it from the seller.

drgeoff

When you wrote "Engin customisation" did you mean that this was a retail OBi110 which had been configured by the previous purchaser for use with Engin or do you mean it had been customised by or on behalf of the Engin ITSP and supplied by them to one of their customers?

Did you seller have the device registered to an Obitalk portal account (the **5 xxxx procedure) and if yes, has he deleted it from that account?

On the local web interface, click on System Management then on Auto Provisioning and try setting both ITSP Provisioning and Obitalk Provisioning to disabled.

SteveInWA

This was a managed device from a VoIP service provider.  You will not be able to add it to your OBiTALK portal account unless the former service provider deletes it from their system.

oj4rec

The device was originally provided by Engin and came pre-configured.

Steve,
Have you heard of any successful examples of suggested solution?

SteveInWA

Like I said:  the device was managed by Engin.  You cannot add it to the OBiTALK portal until and unless they delete it from their provisioning system.  This is remotely managed/controlled by OBiTALK, which currently knows and identifies the device's hardware ID as being assigned to Engin, and it cannot be cracked, hacked or otherwise bypassed.

You can probably use the device without the portal features, as drgeoff described, by factory resetting it and logging in at the device's local IP address.  To get the address, enter ***1 on the attached phone's keypad.  The default login is admin/admin.  You will have to disable remove provisioning, or it will likely be remotely provisioned to Engin again.

oj4rec

Steve & drgeoff,
Thanks both for your help.
Unfortunately, Engin support have no idea about removing it from their system.
Setting up using onboard web interface could be an option. Do I lose any functionality if not using OBiTalk Portal for configuration?

SteveInWA

If you are located in Australia, where the device came from, then you wouldn't be eligible to use Google Voice, which requires the portal to configure.

Otherwise, you can configure the device locally from its own embedded web server page, or just send it back to the seller and buy a new one from Amazon.com

oj4rec