News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

landline and Google Voice

Started by ksiva, November 07, 2015, 01:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksiva

Hi
I  have OBi110, which is configured with Google Voice and my Landline phone. That means I am  receiving phone calls from both landline and Google Voice.
My question is,
1. how I do force,  my outgoing call is from landline and also
2.  I want to make sure the caller id is my name not my phone number to the  receiver picking up my phone  calls ?

appreciate your help

thanks
siva

drgeoff

1.  On an Obi110 the default is that calls go out on the POTS line.  Check the setting of 'PrimaryLine' under Physical Interfaces, Phone Port.  If you configure via the Obitalk portal, you'll need to use the Expert Configuration.

or dialling a # will connect you to the landline and you can then dial the desired number.

or preceding a number with **8 will force the call to go via the landline.

2.  You cannot.  Caller ID is a number and that is what reaches the Called Party's phone service provider. What, if anything, that service provider does with that number to produce a Caller Name to send to the Called Party is entirely up to that provider.  Neither you nor your service provider can control that.

(In the case of a call which is entirely VoIP from end to end, transmission of Caller Name may be supported.  However, in your case of all outing calls going over your landline that can never apply.)