News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

CONSUMER ALERT setting up service with RingTo

Started by jnmarshall, November 20, 2015, 07:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jnmarshall

DO NOT USE THE OBITALK DASHBOARD TO SET UP SERVICES. This could waste you $15 for service you can not use and can not get refunded. The flaw is the dashboard FORCES you to Anveo to sign up for the $15 e911 services FIRST. And there is no guarantee that Ring.To or GrooVeIP will be able to provide you the services. After a week of failures Ring.To recommends properly setting up your account with them or GrooveIP FIRST. They recommended the steps as follows:
- Establish Ring.TO or GrooveIP service. This includes any porting activity or setup for new number.
NOTE: New signups, registration and porting is currently not available. There is no ETA for when this will be available.
- Confirm services are working. With porting this could take a few business days. You have to be patient.
- Return to the ObiTalk dashboard. Provide the number of the service for Ring.To. Don't worry this number will not actually be ported or changed.
- Proceed NOW with signing up for Anveo e911 with Ring.To and International Calling. There is only 1 option and it costs $15. The $12 basic plan shown by ObiTalk is 2 years outdated an no longer offered.
- After the e911 services are started. Return to the Obitalk dashboard.
- All the boxes should shown be green for steps 1 and 2. The last step for Ring.To is to pick an available SP and what lines you want for inbound and outbound.
- Finally select "Restore RingTo Account" and follow the instructions.
DO NOT select "RingTo Sign-up"

FlipC

I'm sorry but there isn't enough information here.

On your 3rd step.
Just where is one to input this information? The only choice I see is to sign up for a new RingTo account.

jnmarshall

Quote from: FlipC on December 17, 2015, 11:01:30 AM
I'm sorry but there isn't enough information here.

On your 3rd step.
Just where is one to input this information? The only choice I see is to sign up for a new RingTo account.

As mentioned this thread is pointless due to the recent announcement from ring.to that they will no longer be providing services to obitalk users. Anveo is offering refunds for their ring.to 911 service if it was started or renewed in the last 30 days. Ring.to indicated Anveo was also offering prorated credit on their ring.to 911 service towards their obitalk plans. I believe they are also offering free porting from ring.to to Anveo for obitalk if your number qualifies.

drgeoff

Quote from: jnmarshall on December 19, 2015, 10:25:38 AMI believe they are also offering free porting from ring.to to obitalk if your number qualifies.
Chinese whispers?  Obihai/obitalk do not provide any service that can be ported to.

(http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/chinese-whispers.html)

jnmarshall

Quote from: drgeoff on December 19, 2015, 10:46:04 AM
Quote from: jnmarshall on December 19, 2015, 10:25:38 AMI believe they are also offering free porting from ring.to to obitalk if your number qualifies.
Chinese whispers?  Obihai/obitalk do not provide any service that can be ported to.

(http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/chinese-whispers.html)
Type. I meant Anveo for obitalk services. It has been corrected. Thanks.