News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI100 stopped working

Started by Petere, November 25, 2015, 04:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petere

My OBI 100 worked fine for about 22 months. Last week suddenly I couldn't make outbound calls on line 1. Inbound calls worked. I checked my VoIP Provider with an app on my iPad and everything works.
Then I saved the configuration of the OBI 100 and made a factory reset over the web interface. Afterwards I restored the configuration. Since then the OBI100 doesn't work at all. The LED on the right doesn't come up.
On line 1 (my VoIP Provider) the status is: Register Failed: 401 Unauthorized.
On line 2 (Google Voice) the status is: Service Not Configured.
I didn't change anything. What can I do? Is it a hardware failure?

SteveInWA

Saving a backup doesn't save passwords.  You would need to re-enter the password for your SIP VoIP service provider (SP1), and, for Google Voice on SP2, delete the configuration completely off of your device, from the OBiTALK web portal, and then set it up again, following my instructions here:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

However, before you do that, upgrade the device's firmware to the latest level.  If you had set up Google Voice around two years ago, the procedure has changed since then, and you must use current firmware and the OBiTALK portal to set it up.

I am assuming that the left-most LED is steady green lit, the center light flickers when LAN traffic is present, and you get a dial tone when you pick up the handset on the phone attached to the OBi, correct?

Petere

Thank you for the quick help.
Typing in the AuthPassword in Voice -> SP1 Service helped on line 1, but I still can't call outbound.

On the OBI dashboard I selected SP2 and then "Replace Google Account Credentials", which brought back the connection to Google voice. I can make and receive calls.

So the problem is still that I can't use line 1 for outbound calls. Why?

SteveInWA

Glad to hear that GV is working -- that's a good indication that the device is fine.

I have no idea about your SP1 service.  I suspect that restoring it from backup might have caused more problems than it solved.  Why not just delete SP1 as well, and then set it up again from the portal.  If it is one of the providers that OBiTALK config supports, then use that procedure, and it will fill in provider-specific parameters for you.  Scroll down to the bottom of the OBiTALK portal page and click on "OBiTALK Compatible Service Providers" to see the list.