News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How Do I Change Dialing Timeout on OBI 110?

Started by audioresearch, February 29, 2016, 11:11:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

audioresearch

I'd like to increase the timeout for dialing an outbound call on my OBI 110. If I log into my OBI box locally, which parameter in which menu do I change to do that? I am using my OBI box exclusively with Google Voice.

drgeoff

From the Device Admin Guide:

"The DMP restarts the interdigit timer on every newly entered digit. The duration of this timer can be either long or short. The long and the short timer values are set to 10s and 2s respectively by default and are configurable per phone port via the DigitMapLongTimer and DigitMapShortTimer parameters respectively (execpet on OBi100/OBi110 where the two timer values are not configurable)."

So not globally configurable on your 110.

You might be able to add Sn parameters to the end of every rule.  Note that n can only take numbers 0 through 9, so if you want more than 9 seconds you could try S9S9 for 18 seconds.

Go to http://www.obihai.com/OBiDeviceAdminGuide and search for part of what I have quoted above to see whatever more is documented.

azrobert

The default configuration will wait 9 or 10 seconds after each number until the complete number is dialed then it will wait an additional 2 seconds. I don't think the S9S9 is a valid syntax, so you basically can't increase the timeout. The only thing you can do is remove the rules for speed dials and now the timeout will be 10 seconds for all numbers except the last, but you won't be able to use speed dials.

You can use the type of phone where you dial the number then press Send/Talk. Now you don't have to worry about timeouts.

drgeoff

Quote from: azrobert on March 01, 2016, 07:24:24 AMI don't think the S9S9 is a valid syntax, so you basically can't increase the timeout.
The Admin Guide says:

"S, S0, S1, S2, ...S9 - Digit timer of 0, 1, 2, ...,9 seconds respectively; S is equivalent to S1; S0 is the same as "blank". You can concatenate multiple S elements together if you need more than 9s timeout, such as S9S5 for a 14s timeout. "

so S9S9 is supposed to be valid syntax somewhere.  But maybe not when used at the end of a rule to increase the interdigit timeout.  I have not tried it as the phone connected to my 110 is the 'Press to send complete number' type.

azrobert

Quote from: drgeoff on March 01, 2016, 08:46:06 AM
I have not tried it as the phone connected to my 110 is the 'Press to send complete number' type.

I also have that type of phone, but I get dial tone when I press Talk without dialing anything. Now I can dial like a standard phone.

I did test the S9S9 and it failed. I'm running back leveled firmware on my OBi110, but I doubt that would make a difference. Maybe I did something wrong in testing. If I'm wrong and it is a valid syntax, the following is how I think you should configure and why.

The OBi110 will analyze each digit as it is received.
When using a rule like 1xxxxxxxxxxS9S9 the 18 second wait only applies AFTER the 11th digit is dialed. I don't think this is what you want.

In the ITSP DigitMap only change rule "xx." to "xx.S9S9"
Now there will be an 18 second wait for digits 3-10 and a 2 second wait after the 11 digit
The same wait pattern will apply to 10 digit numbers matching rule "[2-9]xxxxxxxxx"

In the Phone Port Digit Map change rules "[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9" to "[1-9]S9S9|[1-9][0-9]S9S9"
Now the 18 second wait will also apply to digits 1-2