News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Renewing 12-mo subscription to Anveo E911+Alerts - HELP

Started by winger13, December 27, 2015, 03:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winger13

I spent two days and a little over three hours but am still empty handed and could use some help here.  My one-year Obi/Anveo E911+Alerts subscription ended ()Christmas Day and I have had numerous interactions with the Anveo people trying to get my E911 service renewed.

They told me I have two choices:
1) Re-signup for another 12-mo Anveo+Alerts: This requires Deleting the Anveo account from the Obi Dashboard and then going to the Obi's Device Configuration screen and re-sign up for a new subscription using the "Anveo E911 Service Sign-Up" option.  When I do this, there are two choices:
a) RESTORE PREVIOUS SERVICE checkbox UN-checked
b) RESTORE PREVIOUS SERVICE checkbox checked

* When I choose option a) RESTORE PREVIOUS SERVICE checkbox UN-checked, the process directs me setup new Anveo E911 service for $15, then the process proceeds to setup a new Anveo account - a new account means having a unique email address different than the one tied to the current account containing the expired 12-mo subscription.  Unfortunately, I do not want to use another email address.  This is one issue - I get following error message:
Create Anveo Account 1001. This email address is already in use. Please select a new one.

** When I choose option b) RESTORE PREVIOUS SERVICE checkbox checked - the process directs me to log onto my existing Anveo account, then the process completes and Obi shows the Anveo service is REGISTERED.

However, when I log onto my Anveo acct to pay, they do NOT allow me to choose the $15 Annual Subscription that includes E911+Alerts.  The only option is to add $20 to my Anveo acct using PayPal - Anveo told me this option is for those who want to pay for an E911-only (NO alerts) month-to-month $0.80/mo service.  This is the second issue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can someone advise how to re-signup for the Anveo E911+Alerts (using the same email as current account) ?  This is basically option a).

jnmarshall

From what I was told a few weeks ago when I called to cancel my 911 services the $15/yr option was no longer going to be available due to the changes with ring.to and dropping support for obi devices next year. The options you are selecting is probably for their obitalk plans that already include 911 services. That's the only options I see on my dashboard. The .80/mo is the only option I'm aware of now if you want just 911 services. Make sure to read their TOS I've seen other posts about additional fees and restrictions with that option but never paid attention to them.