News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

CallCentric Register Failed: 403 Incorrect Authentication

Started by rhymedog, January 15, 2016, 07:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhymedog

I know this has been asked a million times but I do not understand the solution that gets posted. I have an Obi110 and GV. I want caller ID and 911 services so I signed up for a free number from CallCentric, and was following these instructions that were posted on this forum by SteveInWA:

1.   Sign up for an account with Callcentric: www.callcentric.com
2   Obtain one of their free NY state inbound telephone numbers (known as a "DID")
3.   Log onto your OBiTALK portal account, click on your OBi device, and add a service provider (e.g. SP2).  Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select "OBiTALK Compatible Service Providers", and then select "Callcentric".  Enter your Callcentric account number and SIP password, as you set it up on Callcentric's web site.  Complete the OBi setup.
4.   Make a test phone call from some other phone number, to your new Callcentric DID number, to confirm that it rings on your OBi-attached phone.
5.   Log into your Google Voice account, on the Settings page:  https://www.google.com/voice#phones
6.   Add and verify your new Callcentric DID number as a forwarding phone and place a check mark to the left of it
7.   Remove the check mark next to Google Chat

Now, Google Voice will forward your inbound calls through your Callcentric number, which will ring on your OBi-attached phone, as it did before, but now, you'll get caller ID name.  Outbound calls will still go out via Google Voice on SP1.[/i][/i]

However, after instruction #3, all seems to go well, but when I go back to my dashboard I see Register Failed: 403 Incorrect Authentication 

The solution has been posted numerous times by RonR (below) but I have NO IDEA what any of it means. Where are these configuration settings for me to change? No one else seems to be mystified. I thought I was pretty computer savvy but I need help. Thank you!!!

Elizabeth

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> Name : Callcentric
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap:

(*123|**275*xx.|[2-9]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

where aaa is your local area code.

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : callcentric.com
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> OutboundProxy : callcentric.com

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : 1777nnnnnnn
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthPassword : (sip password)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> CallerIDName : (callerid name)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> MWIEnable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_VMWIEnable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> MessageWaiting : (unchecked) (Default unchecked)

azrobert

When you setup Callcentric did you use your account number (the 1777xxxxxxx number) and not the phone number?

RonR's instructions require using OBi Expert to configure your OBi.

This is a general OBi Expert guide:
From the OBiTalk dashboard click Edit Profile on the left column.
At the bottom of the page check "Enable OBi Expert..."
Click Submit Query.
Now you can go directly to OBi Expert from the dashboard.
If you don't enable the OBi Expert button, you need 4 clicks to get to OBi Expert like this:
Click on the gear ICON, select OBi Expert, confirm and select OBi Expert again.   

Click OBi Dashboard.
On the right of your OBixxx is an icon with a red E.
Click on it to enter OBi Expert.

To navigate click on the titles with the +
Then click on a sub-title
An example click on Service Providers
Then click ITSP Profile A General
There are 2 boxes to the right of each parameter
To change a value uncheck the box under OBiTalk Setting
Then uncheck the box under Device Default
Now change the value
After you have made all the necessary changes for that page, click Submit at the bottom of the page.
OBiTalk will download the configuration changes to the OBi and reboot it.
Wait until this process is complete before continuing to the next page.

rhymedog

Thank you. I was using the phone number not the account number, but good question.

About the RonR instructions for DigitMap:
(*123|**275*xx.|[2-9]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1603>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)
where aaa is your local area code.

Two questions:  
1. Do I cut and paste this line from RonR's post, changing only aaa with my area code?
2. Is the area code the one given to me by CallCentric? (sorry that may be a dumb question)

Thank you!

azrobert

I wasn't clear with my question. You MUST use the Callcentric 1777xxxxxxx account number.

The area code will be used to prefix a 7 digit outbound number. It normally is your local area code, but you can use anything you want.

rhymedog

Oh - ok, I tried by CallCentric account number instead and I get the same error message Register Failed: 403 Incorrect Authentication.

Do you have an answer for my question 1 about DigitMap?

Also here's a new question... in this part, Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : 1777nnnnnnn
do I change the nnnnnnn to my own account number? It doesn't say to.

Thank you!
Elizabeth

azrobert

Yes, cut and paste Ron's DigitMap replacing your current map.

Change nnnnnnn to your account number.

rhymedog

Darn... followed this to the best of my ability and still get the error message. I don't see this as an option but it sounds like it's the default setting anyway:

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> MessageWaiting : (unchecked) (Default unchecked)

I will submit a support ticket now...

SteveInWA

I don't understand why you are getting into the old "RonR" stuff.  It's irrelevant, unnecessary, and it's just going to cause confusion for an inexperienced user.  You don't need to do any of that.  Just configure Callcentric using the OBiTALK portal.

If you are getting the 403 error, then it means you are entering the wrong information for your Callcentric user ID or password.

Go to your OBiTALK web portal page.  Click on your 110 on the device list.  Look at SP1 and SP2.  Which one did you configure for Callcentric?  Assume it's SP2.  Click the trash can icon to the right, to delete the configuration and start over.

Next, click SP2.  You'll be taken to the portal page that offers various service providers.  Scroll down to the bottom of the page.  Select "OBiTALK compatible service providers."  On the next page, select Callcentric.

Enter your Callcentric user ID.  It's 177 followed by the seven digits assigned to you when you set up the account.  Enter your Callcentric SIP PASSWORD.  This is not the same as your Callcentric customer account password.  You must set up your own SIP password on Callentric's web portal, on the Extensions tab.

Regarding message waiting indicators, Google Voice does not support that feature.  Ignore the information you read about it.

rhymedog

Ah ha! That was the bit of info I was missing, what password the form was looking for. Now it is working. Thank you!!