News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi200 Name on Network (SMB / NetBIOS)

Started by CommunionChapel, January 19, 2016, 08:01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CommunionChapel

Howdy!

Been using these forums for a while now but I wanted to ask a question that I have not seen here answered directly (at least based on the searches Ive done).

On our churches wireless network I try to use a standard naming scheme as a quick way to identify all of the devices on out network. I was looking for a setting through the ObiPortal and locally on our Obi200 but I can not find a way to set the name of the device as it would appear on our network (similar to how SMB or NetBIOS works). Does anyone know where this setting is at if it is even possible?

The closest setting I have found is on the obiportal to set a name for the device but it still appears on our network as Obi200. Thanks in advance.

azrobert

My router has a feature to set a static IP address for a device. On the same line that the IP address is set, I can also set the Hostname. Your router might not have this feature.

CommunionChapel

Yeah I wish mine had that capability but sadly it does not. Any idea how to change it on the Obi200?

azrobert

There is a place on the dashboard to set the device name. I don't know if the name gets propagated out to the network.

Click the gear icon to the right of the OBi200.
It's the Device Display Name

CommunionChapel

It doesnt, I changed that setting on the 15th and there is still no change on the router side. Any idea where to change it on the device? Is this even a capability?