News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI110 as basic call blocker - help required please

Started by GaryC1234uk, January 24, 2016, 01:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaryC1234uk

Hi,
I am a complete newbie to the Obi110 and to telephony – so please be gentle.

I recently purchased an Obi110 for use in the UK as just a nuisance call blocker – that is I want to stop robocalls getting through to the attached analogue phone completely and to discourage marketing calls by use of a customized Auto Attendant message – which basically says words to the effect – "If you are a marketing call – get lost, if you are friend or family press 1 to be connected"

I know this is sort of an abuse of the powerful Obi110 box – but the instillation is intended for my 90 year old mother-in-law who can't get Caller-ID to work on her PSTN line. My aim is to reduce the number of spam marketing calls she gets – she is not interested in saving money by using any VOIP services and never goes anywhere – so I want to switch off all features of the Obi – except for the PSTN line, PH port and the Auto Attendant.

I need help to .....
1)   Switch off the PP, SP1 and SP2 functions
2)   Switch off AA menu options 2 (call forwarding) and 3 (ringback) completely
3)   Have all incoming calls route to AA and then Option 1 to call the attached phone
4)   Have all outgoing calls (from the attached phone) routed to the PSTN line
5)   Effectively switch off all other features (apart from the local web configuration option).
6)   Prevent any changes made locally being overwritten by Voip provider or OBItalk configurations (is this disable auto-provisioning?). [I purchased the Obi110 via Amazon and it's been pre-configured to RealCalls via SP1]

I have managed to switch on the AA so that it greats me when phoning in on the PSTN. I have also managed to create and save a custom "user1" - "Welcome" message and modify the AA parameter list so that it replaces the default "Welcome", "Menu" and "Menu Options" voices. I can't however work out how to disable AA options 2 and 3 – so that 'call-forward' and 'ringback' can't be used.

I have no idea how to disable the PP (Obi?) SP1 and SP2 interfaces to stop people "ringing-in" on them.

I have tried to get my head round digi-maps – but have failed miserably – I want to change the outgoing maps for calls originating from the attached analogue phone so that all calls are routed to the PSTN (line) regardless of the number dialled.

I don't want to completely delete the SP1, SP2 and Obi maps – in case I wan't to make use of them later, but just 'disable' these services and route all Phone-Port originated outgoing calls to the PSTN line.

I can't get the Obi110 to register with OBiTalk – so all configuration has to be done via the Web Server-Based Local Configuration  (I am not bothered about getting it working with OBiTalk configuration interface as I want to switch off the PP/Obitalk interface anyway)

Sorry this request is so long ... Hope it all makes sense.

Thanks in advance for your help.

azrobert

GaryC1234uk

Sorry - was getting a lot of views but no replies - thought it might be posted in wrong place so posted again in newbie section - then came back to try to delete the original but it would not let me remove. Many thanks.