News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Distinctive Ring Tones for Sp1 Sp2 and Sp3

Started by Audrey_Obi, January 26, 2016, 02:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Audrey_Obi

I have an Obi 202 set up with separate anveao accounts on Sp1, Sp2, and Sp3 for three different companies.   We plan to have a receptionist answer for the three companies by name and so need distinctive rings for each company.  We only want to use one cordless phone because we would like to use SP4 and the other phone jack as a FAX line.

Sp1 ring like most normal phones.   Sp2 has a distinctive ring that is different than SP1.   But Sp3 has a the same ring as Sp1.

How do I change it so that Sp3 has a completely different ring distinctive of SP1 and Sp2?

I read in the documentation that there are 10 different possible ring tones, but I don't understand how to change them.

Please help.

azrobert

You must use OBi Expert to change the ring pattern.

Voice Services -> SP3 Service -> X_DefaultRing: (1 thru 10)

The ring patterns can be found here:
Ring Settings -> Ring Profile A

This is a general OBi Expert guide:
From the OBiTalk dashboard click Edit Profile on the left column.
At the bottom of the page check "Enable OBi Expert..."
Click Submit Query.
Now you can go directly to OBi Expert from the dashboard.
If you don't enable the OBi Expert button, you need 4 clicks to get to OBi Expert like this:
Click on the gear ICON, select OBi Expert, confirm and select OBi Expert again.  

Click OBi Dashboard.
On the right of your OBixxx is an icon with a red E.
Click on it to enter OBi Expert.

To navigate click on the titles with the +
Then click on a sub-title
An example click on Service Providers
Then click ITSP Profile A General
There are 2 boxes to the right of each parameter
To change a value uncheck the box under OBiTalk Setting
Then uncheck the box under Device Default
Now change the value
After you have made all the necessary changes for that page, click Submit at the bottom of the page.
OBiTalk will download the configuration changes to the OBi and reboot it.
Wait until this process is complete before continuing to the next page.

Audrey_Obi

That was an amazingly fast response and the way you spelled it out made it really easy to implement.

Hope this post helps someone in the future because I couldn't find a anything that made it this easy.

Thank you so much!