News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Simonics CNAM...is it good any other?

Started by et_phone_home, February 05, 2016, 12:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

et_phone_home

I'm thinking of signing up with Simonics service.
Is the CNAM info just as good as any other voip service? Would the CNAM data from Callcentric show the same as with Simonics?
Can you comment on how the service has been working for you.
Can you also post a brief setup process for Obi 110 device...I don't see any information on how to set it all up on their site.

Thanks

rolandh

I use Simonics' Google Voice Gateway with a GV number. It's not my main number, so I haven't done an extensive comparison of the CNAM info provided as opposed to Callcentric or anyone else. It seems to me to be roughly equivalent.

In terms of uptime, it's been as reliable, for me, as other service providers. The proprietor of the service, Bill Simon, has an excellent reputation in the VoIP community.

Setting up Simonics is as easy as setting up any other Generic Service Provider via OBiTalk. Needed information to do is provided once you sign up. It's a $6 one-time payment, which is refundable should the service not work out for you. I see no risk in giving it a try.

N7AS

I have 7 numbers I use with the Simonics gateway and CNAM is working perfect. I am not sure that Bill Simon is taking new customers.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

lrosenman

The gateway IS taking new customers (I just added a 2nd number for my Wife earlier this week).

He may NOT be taking new CONSULTING customers.

N7AS

Quote from: lrosenman on February 05, 2016, 02:42:43 PM
The gateway IS taking new customers (I just added a 2nd number for my Wife earlier this week).

He may NOT be taking new CONSULTING customers.

That's good to know. I don't think I have anymore GV numbers in my inventory that I want to use anyway. Maybee it't time to fetch another GV number.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

et_phone_home

alright guys thanks.
Signed up and set it up myself. Seems to work great so far.  Fingers crossed.
Goodbye , Vestalink.