News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Transfer of Calls on GV to SIP ?

Started by realjohny, February 09, 2016, 02:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realjohny

Hi,

I have a situation here and need help from experts here.

I have One GV and One SIP account (from antisip.com) with TLS support on my Obi200.

I use another SIP account from same provider on my mobile phone and due to TLS support it works (I am in a VoIP censored country).

I want to transfer all calls on GV configured on my Obi200 to my SIP account on my mobile.

antisip offers URI (username@sip.antisip.com  and username like abcdefg. Any help please?

SteveInWA

1)  Google Voice is intended for inbound use only within the 48 contiguous US states (outbound calls use Google Chat or Hangouts, and can be used in countries where legally supported).

2)  Google Voice forwards to US-based PSTN phone numbers.

3)  This is a Obihai company-sponsored support forum.  It's not cool to be asking people how to break the law in your country, and to circumvent Google's legal restrictions.

realjohny

I want to transfer calls on my GV number configured on Obi200 in Washington to SIP that I have on my mobile. I am always traveling to a VoIP censored country (not by the government but one operator) and feel this isn't illegal.

LTN1

Quote from: realjohny on February 09, 2016, 03:03:35 PM
I want to transfer calls on my GV number configured on Obi200 in Washington to SIP that I have on my mobile. I am always traveling to a VoIP censored country (not by the government but one operator) and feel this isn't illegal.

We don't know who you are--so why don't you just stop being so secretive and just tell us the country and the reason why this is so important. Some of us might be inclined to offer you a solution if we weren't suspecting you were doing something illegal.

I actually have a solution but I'm not going to help anyone break the law.

SteveInWA

...and feel this isn't illegal.

I'd like to drive as fast as I wish, and I don't feel that should be illegal, either.

realjohny

I appreciate your concern and ensuring laws of countries are followed. I didn't know that disclosing name of country is mandatory here and not mentioning it makes you suspicious. I am in UAE for work where one local operator ensures all voip traffic is blocked. For this they block websites and voip application and this is nowhere mentioned in their service contract as illegal to use.

For GV I know Google voice doesn't allow sign up from here but US DIDs are available to use anywhere and can't be the reason for suspecting someone. But I'm sure someone from technical team of that operator (Etisalat) which aggressively blocks any voip app and service will ensure this portal is no more accessible. One advice can be switching operator but there are only two operators and 2nd one is still not offering services everywhere.

I appreciate all those who have been helpful here (technically) in connecting me with my parents back home.

LTN1

If UAE blocks VoIP by law (See http://www.emirates247.com/business/technology/voip-including-skype-is-banned-in-uae-tra-2015-08-24-1.601231) and the law is being adhered to by the current providers in UAE, I don't see how trying to bypass through a SIP connection would change the circumstances since forwarding the number to a SIP on the cell phone would also be using VoIP.

If you can explain to me how using a SIP bypass to your cell phone would be able to overcome the VoIP data suppression by your current UAE provider, I will show you how you can do it.

realjohny

http://m.gulfnews.com/business/no-ban-on-skype-in-uae-tra-1.1168287

Telecom Regulatory Authority here always says Skype isn't banned here, in fact it works here for end users. SIP on TLS is working for me while writing this post.

LTN1

Quote from: realjohny on February 09, 2016, 10:44:01 PM
http://m.gulfnews.com/business/no-ban-on-skype-in-uae-tra-1.1168287

Telecom Regulatory Authority here always says Skype isn't banned here, in fact it works here for end users. SIP on TLS is working for me while writing this post.

The link to the article you sent predated the one I linked by 2 years--so the information you are relying on in the article may not be accurate. Nevertheless, I'll assume your current situation is accurate.

Assuming there is no VoIP data suppression, I suggest you try signing up for a free CallCentric account with a free NY number. Make sure you list yourself as out of the U.S. and Canada (which you are) so you won't have to pay for certain fees.

Once you set up the free CallCentric account with NY DID, you can add it to your GV account as an extra forwarding number (you can't use that phone number alone if you are opening a GV account for the first time due to new rules by GV). Before you can verify that number in the UAE (in the U.S., no problem, if you set up the CallCentric configuration with the OBi device, the CallCentric app or the CSIPSimple app), you will need to go to your CallCentric account and forward calls received by your CallCentric number to your SIP URI (See https://www.callcentric.com/features/unlimited_sip_uri_calling). This is done by editing your DID Forwarding tab in your CallCentric account (See attached example).

If you can verify your GV forwarding number (either by doing so in the U.S. or in the UAE), then any calls to your GV will also forward to your CC number, which in turn will instantaneously forward to your SIP URI. This will work in the UAE if VoIP data is not suppressed.