News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Do I need to sig for VOIP to use OBI200?

Started by Dario, February 21, 2016, 09:40:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dario

I am new to this service so I need some help with simple questions.  I just ordered on Amazon an OBI 200 and and OBI 202.  My idea is to give my mother in South America the OBI 200. She has internet at her condo.  I plan to use the OBI 202 in my home in the USA.  I want to save money on my calls to her.  Do I need a VOIP service like google voice or any other service in order to be able to call my mother's OBI 200 from my OBI 202 in the US?  If so, what service beside Google voice is a reliable inexpensive service.  If I don't need the VOIP service then how do I make the calls?  Do I get a phone number for each obi unit?  How does it work?  I currently have a vonage at home connected to a cheap phone and the same at my mother's home in South America.  It works great but Vonage is too expensive now.  I pay about $54 a month.   Can I set up the two OBI's the same way as the Vonage boxes?Thanks for your help.

dircom

If you only want to make a call from one Obi to another Obi, You can call for free using the Obitalk network
Each Obi has a # on the bottom of the unit.
If you provision both on the same Obitalk account, you can easily setup a speed dial to call each other.
you can also setup a free CallCentric Acct, and call using that network for free