December 11, 2017, 05:06:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chrome Extension  (Read 42856 times)
CommunionChapel

« on: February 24, 2016, 02:07:35 pm »

Not sure this is correct area to post this but has anyone from Obihai considered converting the ObiOn APK to a Chrome extension?

https://www.google.com/#q=convert+apk+to+chrome+app

We use chromebooks as our primary computers in our office space and a Chrome Extension for them to receive calls from our Obi202 would be phenomenal. I might try doing this myself and maybe publishing the extension but I just wanted to ask here if anyone had already done it (I searched google and didn't find anything for the chrome webstore).

Thanks in advance!
rolandh

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 02:36:27 pm »

I, certainly, don't speak for Obihai.

There are readily available tools to convert Android APKs to Chrome extensions including Google's own tools here, https://developer.chrome.com/apps/getstarted_arc. I've converted a few Android APKs as an experiment. I've not tried with OBiOn. In my experience some work some don't. Those that don't work would, likely, need modifications to the APK by the developer.

If by publish, you mean make publicly available, I wouldn't suggest that without Obihai's consent Smiley.
CommunionChapel

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 03:45:32 am »

I completely agree, that's why I wanted to post here to see if anyone from Obi has done this or is planning to do this (wouldn't want to violate their intellectual property).

Since you have some experience with this has you tried converting the ObiOn APK to a chrome extension just to see if itll work?
azrobert
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 08:27:22 am »

I know zero about Chromebooks, but if its internet browser supports WEBRTC, you would be able to receive calls from your OBi202. Just get an account at FireRTC and then route calls to your account.

http://www.firertc.com/
Taoman

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 10:00:02 am »

I know zero about Chromebooks, but if its internet browser supports WEBRTC, you would be able to receive calls from your OBi202. Just get an account at FireRTC and then route calls to your account.

http://www.firertc.com/

Have you actually tried this? I am unable to forward the CID with the ui=$1 parameter. I get a "403 Forbidden."
Does it work for you? Works fine without that parameter in place but then you don't know who's calling.

Doesn't work for me as a speed dial either using that parameter. Works great without it.
azrobert

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 10:13:49 am »

Don't use the "ui" parm then enable X_SpoofCallerID on the SP trunk you are using to route the call.
Taoman

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 10:23:37 am »

Don't use the "ui" parm then enable X_SpoofCallerID on the SP trunk you are using to route the call.

That did it. Thanks.

Do you know in what cases you would use the ui= parameter or when to use X_SpoofCallerID? Is it just trial and error?
azrobert

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 10:49:57 am »

It's trial and error for me. Sometimes X_SpoofCallerID can cause problems. I've thought about taking a Wireshark trace of the 2 methods and see exactly how the calls are handled, but I'm just too lazy.

Edit:
Are you using a Chromebook?
Taoman

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 11:09:58 am »

I don't have one but my buddy does and FireRTC works for him. Consequently, I think your idea of using FireRTC would be a great solution for the OP. Free account, free unlimited, SIP routing, and the ability to change outgoing CID. What's not to like?  Wink
CommunionChapel

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2016, 06:16:34 pm »

Alright, sounds a like a good idea that Im willing to try but im not an ObiMaster like yall Smiley

Can you explain how to do this in laymens terms? I just completed the FireRTC account setup process.
azrobert

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2016, 07:21:18 pm »

Assuming your service provider is defined on SP1 and inbound calls are routed to both Phone1 and Phone2. Use OBi Expert to make the following configuration changes:

OBi202:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D  SIP -> ProxyServer: 127.0.0.1
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D  SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID: Checked
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> AuthUserName: OBi202
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: Unchecked
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: D

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
ph,ph2,sp4(Your_FireRTC_UserID@sip.firertc.com)

The above will route calls to a single FireRTC UserID. I logged 2 devices into the same account and both devices rang. I don't know the max number of devices that can sign into an account. You can have multiple FireRTC accounts, but you can only route calls to 4 devices. If you're routing calls to phone1 and phone2 then you can only route calls to 2 FireRTC accounts. There is an OBi202 hack that will allow you to route calls to more than 2 accounts.

This is a general OBi Expert guide:
From the OBiTalk dashboard click Edit Profile on the left column.
At the bottom of the page check "Enable OBi Expert..."
Click Submit Query.
Now you can go directly to OBi Expert from the dashboard.
If you don't enable the OBi Expert button, you need 4 clicks to get to OBi Expert like this:
Click on the gear ICON, select OBi Expert, confirm and select OBi Expert again.   

Click OBi Dashboard.
On the right of your OBixxx is an icon with a red E.
Click on it to enter OBi Expert.

To navigate click on the titles with the +
Then click on a sub-title
An example click on Service Providers
Then click ITSP Profile A General
There are 2 boxes to the right of each parameter
To change a value uncheck the box under OBiTalk Setting
Then uncheck the box under Device Default
Now change the value
After you have made all the necessary changes for that page, click Submit at the bottom of the page.
OBiTalk will download the configuration changes to the OBi and reboot it.
Wait until this process is complete before continuing to the next page.
CommunionChapel

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2016, 05:47:45 pm »

Worked like a charm! Thanks so much, this will really make it easier for us in our office!
LeeCroft

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2017, 03:58:22 am »

Got it working, thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: