News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV+Obi, secondary numbers

Started by Hopelessly_Befuddled, February 29, 2016, 11:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hopelessly_Befuddled

GV allows you to have a primary & a secondary number on a given GV account.
Incoming calls to either ring your phones. You can use the Phones page to toggle which to use for outbound.

My question is: is there any way to make a call on the secondary # from an Obi?

LTN1

Under each SP on your online OBiTalk device configuration, click the SP or wheel icon--and when you get into each SP (SP1, SP2, etc.), just choose primary line for outgoing calls.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Hopelessly_Befuddled on February 29, 2016, 11:29:27 AM
GV allows you to have a primary & a secondary number on a given GV account.
Incoming calls to either ring your phones. You can use the Phones page to toggle which to use for outbound.

My question is: is there any way to make a call on the secondary # from an Obi?

Hi:

You need to log into your Google Voice account on a laptop/desktop computer, and use the Phones tab of Google Voice Settings, to swap "Primary" and "Secondary" roles for the two GV numbers.  The number set as "Primary" will be used as caller ID for outbound calls.  This is purely a Google Voice setting; the OBi just uses your account, however it is set up.

LTN1

Quote from: SteveInWA on February 29, 2016, 04:18:27 PM
Hi:

You need to log into your Google Voice account on a laptop/desktop computer, and use the Phones tab of Google Voice Settings, to swap "Primary" and "Secondary" roles for the two GV numbers.  The number set as "Primary" will be used as caller ID for outbound calls.  This is purely a Google Voice setting; the OBi just uses your account, however it is set up.

Thanks Steve...I misread the OP's question as having two GV numbers for a device like the OBi202.

Hopelessly_Befuddled

Thanks Steve.

I was pretty sure that was the case but thought I'd ask.

LTN1: I already have a 2nd GV account on the 2nd 'page' of the 202, but that's a different-different GV#.....