News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cant make admin, password change to stick , reverts back to default

Started by sportflyer, March 14, 2016, 06:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sportflyer

I changed the admin password locally but the PW reverts back to  default.  I then tried to change it at Obitalk expert config and after I submit,  the PW for device is still at default value.

What did I do wrong?  Tks

MurrayB

Did you reboot the Obi after you submit? If not do so.

Good Luck!

SteveInWA

The OBiTALK web portal overwrites the local device settings, so setting it on the local interface is just going to get wiped out the next time the portal resets it.

Set it on OBiTALK.  And, if it isn't being changed on the local interface, then perhaps you have disabled or otherwise changed OBiTALK provisioning.

As always:  pick a configuration management method and stick to it.  Don't try to configure it in both places.

sportflyer

Quote from: SteveInWA on March 14, 2016, 06:44:01 PM
The OBiTALK web portal overwrites the local device settings, so setting it on the local interface is just going to get wiped out the next time the portal resets it.

Set it on OBiTALK.  And, if it isn't being changed on the local interface, then perhaps you have disabled or otherwise changed OBiTALK provisioning.

As always:  pick a configuration management method and stick to it.  Don't try to configure it in both places.

SteveinWA , I  tried to change device PW  in Obitalk Portal and still it did not work. I did not change  any auto provisioning locally . But I will check and try again in Obitalk.

sportflyer

I fixed it by clicking the Device setting wheel from the Dashboard view and then changing the PW in the panel that followed. Now the PW sticks when I log in locally.

The first time I tried ,  I changed the PW in Expert Config view , submitting it , then clicked to revert to Dashboard view . Can this be the problem ? Does reverting to Dashboard view after making changes in Expert config view negate the changes?

Is there a way to get directly to Expert Config from the Dashboard instead of the several steps required?

Tks