News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Reverting to dashboard from Expert Config mode

Started by sportflyer, March 15, 2016, 07:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sportflyer

Do the changes I make in Expert Config menu remain if I revert to Dashboard view ?
Tks

N7AS

If you are refering to the OBiTalk Dashboard, then Yes. If you make changes using the Local interface then No. You have to use one or the other, not both.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

restamp

Azrobert posted how to resync the dashboard to the contents of one's OBi once, so that you could reconnect safely if you needed to, say, activate another Google Voice number.  However, I've let that post get away from me  without saving it and now I can't find it.  Perhaps someone else with better filing skills would be so kind as to point us to it...

sportflyer

Quote from: N7AS on March 15, 2016, 12:06:27 PM
If you are refering to the OBiTalk Dashboard, then Yes. If you make changes using the Local interface then No. You have to use one or the other, not both.

So after I make some changes in  Expert Config mode  , I must logout without clicking on the Revert Button or I will loose all my changes? 

restamp

I've never used the Revert button from the OBiTalk.com Dashboard Expert mode.  What I presume it does is convert all entries (on that page?) to what OBiTalk.com would have them be, erasing any changes the user has made in the current session and all prior sessions.  This is not the normal way of proceeding.  Most of the time you'll want to make your changes and then click on the "Submit" button, or the "Clear Changes" button if you want to start over.  (I believe navigating off the page w/o clicking "Submit" also essentially voids any changes made in the current session.)

BTW, I found Robert's article on how to sync up a locally maintained OBi device with the OBiTalk portal, if you have to in order to, say, add another GV line (which you cannot do locally):

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8685.msg57331#msg57331

SteveInWA

You have been asking a lot of questions that would be resolved if you would simply stop trying to dick around with the settings and use the OBiTALK portal.   Regardless of whether you are on the portal's basic or advanced ("Expert") pages, all your settings are saved in the cloud and are automatically applied to your device.