News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

VOIP to PSTN routing

Started by msatt, March 19, 2016, 04:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

msatt

On the 110 I have configured 8 as an outgoing route to the PSTN which gives dialtone and works fine. All other calls from the phone go over my voip network (SP2) correctly.
What I would like is my other voip extensions to dial 8 and receive dial tone from the PSTN connection and dial out.
Dialing 8 routes extensions to SP2 however they do not receive dial tone and instead after a few seconds are connected to the PSTN after it has dialed out (don't know what) ?
What little box do I have to tweak just to give dialtone to incoming voip caller ?

ianobi

QuoteDialing 8 routes extensions to SP2
Does this mean that the devices routing to your sp2 InboundCallRoute absorb the 8 before being directed to sp2?

The simplest way to connect incoming calls to PSTN is this:
Voice Services > SP2 Service > X_InboundCallRoute:
{li}

Calls routing to the sp2 incoming ip address/ port with no digits will receive PSTN dial tone and then the calling device needs to dial further digits by sending DTMF tones.

If the calls are sending the 8 then it needs to be removed like so:
{>(<8:>):li}

Personally, I would add some security like so:
{(Mcot)>(<8:>(Mli)):li},{ph}
Selected callers listed in (Mcot) get access to PSTN dial tone after the 8 is removerd, then dial on using DTMF tones. Dialled numbers have to match the LINE Port > DigitMap (Mli). Other incoming calls route to the OBi110 phone.

(Mcot) would be a User Defined Digit Map listing the CallerIDs of devices on your system such as:

User Settings > User Defined Digit Maps > User Defined Digit Map2 >
Label: cot
DigitMap: (301|302|303)

msatt

Hi and thank you for your detailed message - it really is appreciated :)

QuoteDialing 8 routes extensions to SP2[
Does this mean that the devices routing to your sp2 InboundCallRoute absorb the 8 before being directed to sp2?/quote]
Good point - No digits are being passed

QuoteThe simplest way to connect incoming calls to PSTN is this:
Voice Services > SP2 Service > X_InboundCallRoute:
{li}
I had just Li (no braces) however the change made no difference :(

QuoteCalls routing to the sp2 incoming ip address/ port with no digits will receive PSTN dial tone and then the calling device needs to dial further digits by sending DTMF tones.
As mentioned, unfortunately digits are being dialed (I can pick up an extension connected to PSTN and hear tones).

QuotePersonally, I would add some security like so:
{(Mcot)>(<8:>(Mli)):li},{ph}
Selected callers listed in (Mcot) get access to PSTN dial tone after the 8 is removerd, then dial on using DTMF tones. Dialled numbers have to match the LINE Port > DigitMap (Mli). Other incoming calls route to the OBi110 phone.

(Mcot) would be a User Defined Digit Map listing the CallerIDs of devices on your system such as:

User Settings > User Defined Digit Maps > User Defined Digit Map2 >
Label: cot
DigitMap: (301|302|303)

Agreed but I have not got anything working yet :(

ianobi

Does Call History show anything? Look at the local OBi web page and check Status > Call History.

Can you give any more details about what the other voip extensions are sending to the ip address / port of the OBi110 sp2?

msatt

Good idea :)
Could not upload easily so had to attach.
Thanks again.

ianobi

Under the LINE1 heading Peer Number shows 164.... etc. This must be coming in from calling extn.

If the ip address / port of sp2 is say 192.168.1.15:5061  then the calling extn needs to only send @192.168.1.15:5061 to get PSTN dial tone. For example, if 1234@192.168.1.15:5061 is sent to sp2 using the InboundCallRoute of {li}, then the OBi Line Port will seize the PSTN line and send 1234 digits to line.

ianobi

If the 164.... etc cannot be prevented from being sent for some reason, then it can be removed using the method shown before:

QuoteIf the calls are sending the 8 then it needs to be removed like so:
{>(<8:>):li}

You might even regard this as a security feature!

msatt

Thanks ianobi

I placed {(<164834_????stn:>):li} where ???? contain letters into Voice Services > SP2 Service > X_InboundCallRoute:
Now when calling from the extension, I get immediate busy tone instead of the previous ring tone then connect.

ianobi

Some of the letters are "reserved". See my PM.

ianobi

There was a mistake in my previous posts {(<8:>):li} should read {>(<8:>):li}

If dealing with mixed letters and numbers that need removing, then make them literals like so:

{>(<'1234_pstn':>):li}

msatt

Quote from: ianobi on March 19, 2016, 10:48:48 AM
There was a mistake in my previous posts {(<8:>):li} should read {>(<8:>):li}

If dealing with mixed letters and numbers that need removing, then make them literals like so:

{>(<'1234_pstn':>):li}

Big thanks to ianobi - we have been exchanging PM's and I am really pleased to say the diagnosis was perfect and we now have a working solution  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

My extensions can dial 8 and the call routes to the Obi which gives dialtone.
Incoming calls on PSTN ring the Obi and all extensions.
Obi can dial 8 for PSTN.

You have made my weekend.