News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV MWI and Text Message snip on Caller ID?

Started by CoalMinerRetired, March 22, 2016, 12:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoalMinerRetired

It has not been asked in a while, and I've been intermittently (but mostly) absent, so here goes:

For an OBi202, or OBI2xxx in general:

- Do we know of any plans for OBI to make the GV MWI light and stutter dial tone work with GV, like they used to?

- Do we know of any plans to make the first few characters of a received GV text message appear in a handset's Caller ID, like it used to work?

Taoman

Quote from: CoalMinerRetired on March 22, 2016, 12:16:56 PM

- Do we know of any plans for OBI to make the GV MWI light and stutter dial tone work with GV, like they used to?

I think that capability went away with the implementation of the OAuth2 authentication protocol for GV. I would think if that was even a possibility they would have included it in their OBiEXTRAS add-on product. Since they didn't, I would think the chances are slim to none.

Quote- Do we know of any plans to make the first few characters of a received GV text message appear in a handset's Caller ID, like it used to work?

Whoa. I've never even heard of this let alone seen it. Could you elaborate on how this "used to work?" Would the OBi connected phone actually ring when the text came in or would it just appear with no other kind of notification?

CoalMinerRetired

Quote from: Taoman on March 22, 2016, 01:24:46 PM
Quote from: CoalMinerRetired on March 22, 2016, 12:16:56 PM
Quote- Do we know of any plans to make the first few characters of a received GV text message appear in a handset's Caller ID, like it used to work?

Whoa. I've never even heard of this let alone seen it. Could you elaborate on how this "used to work?" Would the OBi connected phone actually ring when the text came in or would it just appear with no other kind of notification?

See the Release Notes thread, http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8982.msg62608#msg62608:

Quote3.0.0 (3722) for OBi2 & OBi3 Series:
OBi2 & OBi3 Series:
- Show the first few words of an incoming text / SMS message sent to the Google Voice number on the caller ID name display of the phone(s) attached to the OBi202 phone port(s).  The phone will ring once as an audible alert the text message was received.  Enable this function in the OBiTALK portal Device Configuration - Google Voice Service settings.

SteveInWA

That is very old firmware.  The text message feature is no longer supported.