News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

IP Phone can't dial extensions

Started by RHD99, April 01, 2016, 02:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RHD99

Hi, my setup currently consists of a Cisco 504G IP phone connected to a Obi202 through the LAN port, and a standard analog phone hooked up to an Obi200. I want to be able to call between the two phones, but for some reason whenever I try to dial 20# (the Obi200's extension) I get a message that says: "We could not complete your call, please try again". When calling from the analog phone (Obi200), it rings the Obi202 analog phone ports, but the IP phone does not ring. I already configured the linked devices: Obi202 as extension 20, and Obi202 as extension 21 but the IP phone can not call out, or receive calls internally. Although I can make outside calls with the IP phone and the analog phone normally, I just can't get them to be able to call each other. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this, I would appreciate any help. Thanks

**Another thing: I am unable to call the dial the echo test service (**9 222 222 222) on the IP phone, I can do it on my analog like normal, but I think that there is some configuration setting that is directing the IP phone straight through to Google Voice so when I try to dial an Obi command, GV gets confused and gives me the "We could not complete your call..." error message.

RHD99

Its been a few days since my post. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? If you need any more information please feel free to ask. I would really like this to work and any thoughts on a solution is appreciated.

dircom

Have you tried to Google anything?

I got this
http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBi-VoIP-Device-Attach-Legacy-IP-Phone-Workbook-v1-0.pdf

(I have never configured an IP phone, so I don't know if this will help you)

RHD99

Hi, thanks for the feedback. That is the PDF I used to configure it. I used Option 1 which is: Setup the OBi as a NAT'ed IP Phone proxy. According to the PDF I should be able to call between extensions, but for some reason I can't. I am not quite sure what i'm doing wrong.

I also used the following link for help on configuring this. Unlike the other PDF document it does not say anything about calling in-between other Obi devices so i'm not sure if its possible.

http://blog.obihai.com/2012/08/use-your-obi202-as-google-voice-gateway.html

drgeoff

I've never trusted the accuracy of that workbook document.  The heading for Option 2 includes the words "any OBi" which in my understanding includes* OBi100 and OBi110.  But those devices cannot be configured as SIP proxies.  The Admin Guide specifically says that 'X_Proxy' is not available on OBi100/OBi110.

I don't say that the Option 1 and Option 2 examples do not work with an OBi200/202/302.  I've never had one of those so have not been able to test the setups.

(* The OBi1xxx IP phones cannot be configured as SIP proxies either but I accept that they were released after the document was written.  However that is not the case with the 100 and 110.)

RHD99

Yeah, I also found that document to be a bit confusing. My setup does work perfectly for outside calls receiving and outgoing I just can't call between devices. Its a shame that I can't use this phone though for what i'm trying to do. I really need to be able to transfer, etc. and it does not look like I will be able to that. I suppose that I will purchase a few Obi1000 phones, although it would be really nice to use these Cisco 504 phones I have.