News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Voicemail light and stutter tones

Started by joelkolb, April 01, 2016, 04:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joelkolb

Hello all. I am considering getting an OBi202 and porting my landline to Google Voice to save some money. One thing I am concerned with that I haven't found a clear answer about in the forum (maybe I'm not searching right) is if I use GV's voicemail instead of the answering machine built into my home cordless phone's base station, will the OBi send stutter tones and message waiting light signals to my cordless phones. I'm more concerned with the message waiting light because I need (really my wife needs) a visual cue that there are voicemails waiting. Its kind of big deal. In spite of all the perks of using GV's voicemail, I'm sure if we don't have that message waiting light, my wife will not be happy. If there is no way of getting the message waiting light to work, are there any other clever methods that folks here are using to get some sort of notification at home, other than being notified on your cell phone? TIA.

SteveInWA

Here is the "clear answer":  no, the stutter tones and flashing light are not supported with Google Voice.  If that's important to you, then use a different service with your OBi.

As an alternative, you can receive a text message from your Google Voice account when you have a voicemail message waiting.