News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

is this possible?

Started by forumname, April 02, 2016, 09:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

forumname

I currently have a obi202 setup with google voice and a dect phone - works fine.  The obi202 is directly connected to the xfinity modem and both are located on the first floor.  It is not connected to the obi, but I have an ASUS AC68U router connected to the xfinity modem.

I want to use a second DECT phone system upstairs.  Discovered that I do not have a phone jack in that room (nor do I have one in the room where the obi202 is located).   I realize I could plug the second phone directly into the obi, but I want the base unit to be in the upstairs room. 

How would you do this?

Thought about purchasing a second obi device and an access point with the thought that I could connect the first obi to the Asus AC68U router, but not sure if this would work. The setup would be

xfinity router phone cord to obi1.
obi1 Ethernet to ASUS Router
wireless connectivity from ASUS router to access point
Access point Ethernet connection to OBi2
Obi2 phone cord to new Dect phone.

Worth noting I had to put high powered antennas on the AC68U router for the signal to reach the room I want to put the phone in.

Tried easy jack in prior home and found the quality of the connection poor.

forumname

Never mind.  Figured it how to get what I need with a much simpler solution.  Returned the Dect phone and bought a Obi 1062 phone.