News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Incoming Calls Will Ring On

Started by bsdaiwa, April 16, 2016, 05:45:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsdaiwa

I have my OBi 200 setup in the following manner:
SP1 1st GV number
SP2 CallCentric number
SP3 2nd GV number
SP4 3rd GV number

During the setup process I noticed a setting entitled "Incoming Calls Will Ring On" with a box and a description saying "Phone 1". It only appears on the CallCentric setup not on any of the GV setups. When I click on the i icon it tells me "Incoming calls from this service provider will ring on the corresponding checked Phone 1, 2, or both".
Not sure what exactly this means, since I only have one (1) phone attached to the 200 and I have SP1 set as the Primary Line for Outgoing Calls. It seems, by default, to be checked. What happens if I unchecked it, should it be checked with my setup?

Thanks for any guidance and help.

LTN1

I'm getting tired of these questions that await an answer for possibly hours or days when the poster could have easily tested it first--using perhaps a few minutes of your f$$$ing time.

Is that too much to ask you f$$$ing @ss####s! Test it first by unchecking the box and calling it to see what happens. See if it makes any difference. Then revert to what works. Is that too f$$$ing hard to do?

bsdaiwa

Quote from: LTN1 on April 16, 2016, 07:31:36 AM
I'm getting tired of these questions that await an answer for possibly hours or days when the poster could have easily tested it first--using perhaps a few minutes of your f$$$ing time.

Is that too much to ask you f$$$ing @ss####s! Test it first by unchecking the box and calling it to see what happens. See if it makes any difference. Then revert to what works. Is that too f$$$ing hard to do?

I won't lower myself to your level to express my feeling regarding your comment. First ask for clarification then express your frustration maybe that will raise your intellectual level.
I am in Southern Brasil setting up the device in my home in California so I am not able to test so I was looking for an explanation of that setting.
In all my years, and it has been many, you are by far the lowest form of responder that I have come in contact with.

LTN1

Since GV is mainly for those in the United States--of which I see you have three GV accounts--and nothing in your post or username describes you as living out of the US, there is no way to know you are living in South America. And I don't know who you are or care for all that matter. Next time, it will help if you fully describe your situation.

Since you also have no access to hearing the ring a continent away, will it matter for now or do you just want peace of mind regardless if it actually works (and if you want peace of mind--leave it checked--it can't hurt)? But, if you say that someone else can hear the ring living in the US, perhaps ask that person to test it with you after you uncheck or check? I'm assuming you can use a softphone or hangouts to call that person living where the OBi device is?

bsdaiwa

Quote from: LTN1 on April 16, 2016, 09:06:07 AM
Since GV is mainly for those in the United States--of which I see you have three GV accounts--and nothing in your post or username describes you as living out of the US, there is no way to know you are living in South America. And I don't know who you are or care for all that matter. Next time, it will help if you fully describe your situation.

Since you also have no access to hearing the ring a continent away, will it matter for now or do you just want peace of mind regardless if it actually works (and if you want peace of mind--leave it checked--it can't hurt)? But, if you say that someone else can hear the ring living in the US, perhaps ask that person to test it with you after you uncheck or check? I'm assuming you can use a softphone or hangouts to call that person living where the OBi device is?

Yes, you are correct I did not give the full details but that does not give you the right to leap into a full profane laced rant.
First, Google Voice can be used just about anywhere in the world as long as you set it up in the USA. Once setup in the USA it can be installed just about ANYWHERE. I have homes in the USA, Brasil, Argentina, France and Italy and use GV in all of them. I was simply asking what that setting was.
This is the last time I will respond to you on this issue since you seem to lack the maturity to deal with your emotions.

dircom

I think the main point is, when you ask a question, please add as many details as you can.

Too many people post something along the lines of: "It doesn't work, why not?"
No model #, No service provider info, has it ever worked, is the power on, is the ringer on your phone turned on, have you tested your obi, with a known, working telephone, etc etc

bsdaiwa

Quote from: dircom on April 16, 2016, 10:12:11 AM
I think the main point is, when you ask a question, please add as many details as you can.

Too many people post something along the lines of: "It doesn't work, why not?"
No model #, No service provider info, has it ever worked, is the power on, is the ringer on your phone turned on, have you tested your obi, with a known, working telephone, etc etc

I couldn't agree more, I have tried to help people in these types of situations and it can get frustrating but that does not give him the right to open with a profane laced rant. A simple here is what it does would have been fine, again that was all I was trying to determine.
I appreciate your comment and hope that the other individual takes note of how you replied.
Thanks again.

SteveInWA

Without wading into the tangential discussion, here is the answer to the specific question asked:

The menu option you are seeing is confusing, because it is also used for OBi 202 configuration.  202's have two physical phone line jacks, and, if you had a 202, it would display check-mark boxes for both of those phone lines.  In that scenario, you'd decide and select which of the two physical telephone lines to ring on inbound calls -- Phone 1 or Phone 2, both, or neither; your choice.  For example, you may have a SP that you only use for outbound calling, and you don't want to be bothered if it gets an inbound call.  Since the 200 only has one phone line jack, it is only showing Phone 1.  Checking the box (by default) will ring the attached phone.  Not checking the box will...you guessed it, disable ringing the attached phone.  That's all there is to it.

See the attached screenshots.

bsdaiwa

Quote from: SteveInWA on April 16, 2016, 05:10:06 PM
Without wading into the tangential discussion, here is the answer to the specific question asked:

Thanks SteveINWA, that's all I really wanted to know and you did a very nice job of explaining it, only wish you were the first to reply.

Thanks again.