News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI 110's not saving config

Started by Gavo, April 16, 2016, 12:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavo

Hello,

I there an issue with the Obi service ?  I have two OBI 110s in two different countries and neither can be programmed - they are both set up from a couple of years back but I need to make a change. When I hit submit they both come back with the original settings - so completely ignoring my changes.

Cheers

Gavin

Mango

Perhaps you have OBiTALK Service and OBiTalk Provisioning enabled.  If that is the case, and you are trying to set the device up via its internal web server, you will see the behaviour you describe.  Either use OBiTALK or the internal web server, but not both.

Gavo

Hello,

I never use the internal web servers. All the devices I manage are via the Obitalk portal.
Am I missing something ? Has Obi introduced a paid for provisioning service and I didn't get the email, as upon checking just now my Obi 202s are displaying the same "ignoring" behaviour.

Cheers

Gavin

Zack

I believe I'm having the same problem with my OBi110.  Need to change one of my user defined digit maps that I previously configured a few months ago by OBITalk.com portal.  Now when I try to change it in OBItalk.com portal it immediately reverts back to the original value as soon as I hit submit. 

drgeoff

Possibly the Obitalk server has thrown a wobbly and normal service will not be resumed until someone comes back in to work on Monday morning and reboots it.  I jest not.  There was a spate of weekend failures about a year ago.

av505

I'm seeing the same issue with my Obi202, any changes via the Obitalk portal (expert configuration) are not saved and revert to default after clicking the submit button.

How can I get in touch with Obitalk tech support and have them reboot their servers?
Do they read this forum?

SteveInWA

This isn't a policy change; it's probably a bug.  If your device is under warranty, open a ticket with Obihai.

Taoman

There is definitely a problem with the Obitalk server provisioning. It doesn't save any changes you've made or reboot your device. I believe the technical term is "thrown a wobbly."

BigJim_McD

Today, I started having the same issue on both an Obi110 and on a n Obi202.
All five of my devices are managred on ObiTalk.
BigJimMcD

av505

If anyone is having the same issue please create a support ticket with ObiHai so that they are aware that there are a bunch of us having exact same issue and they can check their servers.

Clive

I've had this problem a number of times.

My resolution has been to remove the adapter from the Obitalk portal then add it again.

Hope this helps.