News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Failed to connect to your device

Started by bob88061, July 02, 2011, 09:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob88061

I have a new OBI110 and it seems to be connected to the Internet.  I get the IP address after dialing ***1.  Then I've logged into the OBI110 interface AOK.  I've done the **9 222 222 222 test successfully.

Next on OBITALK website I click on the Add Device function, Dial the **5 XXXX number provided by the webpage.  I dial the provided **5 XXXX number and then get the "Your 5 XXXX number has been sent to the server" (which would mean that the OBI110 is working with the Internet).

The OBITALK "Add Device" web page then times out giving a "Failed to connect to your device" message.  I've tried several times, rebooted the OBI110 and tried again with the same results.

I have ATT DSL 2Wire modem going into a Buffalo WL router setup in the bridge mode.  The OBI110 is connected to one of the 4 hardwire ports on the Buffalo.  Other devices work well with no problems connecting to the Internet.

Any suggestions as what to try next?

RonR

The fact that you can successfully reach the echo test at **9 222 222 222 says that everything is most likely working on your end.

You don't need to register your device on the OBiTALK Web Portal for it you work properly and have every capability.  Simply configure the OBi manually by logging into it locally.

Assuming you want to set up Google Voice first, make the following changes from all Default settings:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> SignalingProtocol : Google Voice

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (Google Voice Username)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : (Google Voice Password)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> Auto Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

bob88061

Thanks for the response.  The setup does seem to indicate you "have" to add a device.

Regards, Bob

amac5

Had same issue, and this solution looks like it would work. BUT, I actually solved the issue by updating the FIRMWARE

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0

hope this helps the next guy!