News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to switch from device local web page to OBiTalk (and back)

Started by PeterR, April 20, 2016, 04:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterR

There must be some way to switch from using the local configuration menu on the device to using the OBiTalk expert page without losing all my settings, but I can't figure it out.  It looks like if I go through the "new device" procedure on OBiTalk it will wipe out my settings immediately.  I tried exporting the settings to a backup file from the device and importing them to the OBiTalk menu.  It said "import successful" but no settings were actually imported.  Is there any other way to do this, short of copying and pasting my dozens of settings from the device menu to the OBiTalk menu?  Thanks.

restamp

This worked for me**.  (I can't say why importing the backup file didn't work for you, but make sure you check the "OBI Version" when you make the backup.):

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8685.0

** There were a few parameters that did not appear to import to OBiTalk correctly, but they were inconsequential to the operation of my OBi box.

BTW, does anyone know what has happened to azrobert?  I haven't seen him on this board for over a month and I miss his expert advice.