News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI110 causes random high noise margin on my WAN router

Started by carmamir, April 21, 2016, 09:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carmamir

Sometimes my Obi110 (actually every x days) causes very high noise margin (which causes low broadband speed (i.e. from 36Mbps -> 12Mbps), only solution is to disconnect Obi110 and then router after reset won't show high noise margin (resetting with connected Obi is not working and keeps showing high noise margin).

I am using normal RJ11 (UK) and some broadband filter connected to the another broadband filter...

WelshPaul

Hi,

I replied to your post here: https://www.ukvoipforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=877&p=3934#p3934

QuoteI am using normal RJ11 (UK) and some broadband filter connected to the another broadband filter
This is the cause of your issue!

A microfilter has two connections, one for broadband and one for the PSTN line - I take it you have connected the RJ11 > RJ11 cable running from the OBi110 into the port that is used for the BB and then plugged the BT plug that runs from that microfilter into the PSTN port on the second microfilter which in turn plugs into your BT master socket?

For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com