News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Phone takes 30 mins to come back after internet interruptions

Started by Maury6666, April 24, 2016, 11:38:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maury6666

Hi!
I have Uverse and constantly get internet interruptions for a few minutes each time. Every time this happens, the phones hooked up with OBI goes blank for 30 mins or so.  Any help is appreciated to fix this problem. Thanks.

drgeoff

Maury6666

Thank you, drgeoff for responding to my post. When the Internet comes back after being cut off, my phones have dial tones. But when I try to make a call, there is just silent, no ringing tones at the other end. I have also tried to call in to my house phones from my cell phone, I just hear ringing tone from my cell phone but my house phones are not ringing.  It takes about 30 to 40 mins to be able to use my house phones every time there is an Internet interruption which happens a lot, sometimes twice a day. I hope you understand the explanation of my phone problem and be able to help me. I look forward to your help. Thanks again.

SteveInWA

That is simply useless, unacceptable internet service from Uverse.  It should never be that unreliable.  Raise hell with their customer service department, escalating up their management chain until it's fixed, or you leave.  You've got an equipment problem somewhere on their network, or their hardware at your home.  Your OBi device simply can't tolerate that level of service.  It's not worth even discussing the OBi at this point.

RFC3261

Quote from: SteveInWA on April 27, 2016, 01:40:41 AM
That is simply useless, unacceptable internet service
Certainly if one wants to be able to depend on VoIP solutions.  However, it might not be AT&T U-verse's fault, but the OPs internal networking.  If the outages occur with a wired (to the AT&T gateway) OBi, then I would agree, AT&T needs to fix the issues.  If one is using additional customer owned gateways, switches, or is using wireless, than AT&T may not to be blame for this particular issue.  So, to the OP, details matter, if one wants additional ideas from this forum's community.