News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi 110 setup

Started by Isser, April 20, 2016, 10:13:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isser

My daughter gave me her obi 110, but she does not recall any information regarding the device registration. I did a factory reset and entered sp1 = 4.2.2.2 on the associated setup  wizard web page. I then got a message that I have to purchase a new device warranty via a button. I did not see the button on the web page.

Where do I find the button?

Is it essential to purchase the warranty or is there a work-around?

Thanks

Taoman

Quote from: Isser on April 20, 2016, 10:13:24 AM

Is it essential to purchase the warranty or is there a work-around?

No, you can download and update your firmware manually. Here is the link to download the firmware:

http://fw.obihai.com/OBi110-1-3-0-2872.fw

You can then access the local web interface on your 110 via the local ip address. Then update manually:
System Management->Device Update->Firmware update

Note: default user name & password for local interface is admin

Isser

Thanks so much for your help.
I got to the point where the web page indicated that it was doing a service provider setup for google voice.
Eventually the status read "service not configured".
The firmware upgrade was very useful but I am still without service.
What do you suggest?

Isser

I made one error in my last post. Eventually web page indicated that google voice status is configured.
However, when I initiate a call, I get a message "cannot complete your call, please try again".
What do you suggest?
Thanks very much

drgeoff

I think that message is from GV,  not from your OBi. Are you dialling a 7 digit or 10/11 digit number? GV needs the latter.

If you point a browser at your OBi's LAN address and login (admin and admin are the defaults) and look under Status,  Call History you can see what number your OBi sent.

SteveInWA

So, does it still say "Connected" today?  If so, can you, what, exactly, happens when you call a 10-digit US telephone number?

Isser

I attempted both 10 and 11 digit phone numbers. I dialed my home number. I got the response "We cannot complete your call, please try again. I assume in the US I dial 01 or 011 plus area code and the 7 digit number. Call status does not indicate any calls.
Thanks

Isser

I was also never asked to pick a number when signing up to google voice, can this be the problem? How can I fix this?

SteveInWA

US dialing:  1 plus the 10-digit telephone number.

If you didn't set up your Google account properly, by making at least one outbound call using Google Chat on Gmail, then no, it won't make outbound calls.  If you don't have a Google Voice telephone number, then no, obviously, you can't receive inbound calls.

Read and follow my instructions:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

Isser

I can now originate and receive calls. Thanks for all your help.

I would like to know what call forwarding to google chat provides for me.

drgeoff

Quote from: Isser on May 02, 2016, 02:20:29 PM
I can now originate and receive calls. Thanks for all your help.

I would like to know what call forwarding to google chat provides for me.
You can try unticking that, but you'll sooner or later realise that calls to your GV number never reach your OBi. Coincidence?

Isser

Is there any way that my name can appear on my caller ID when making outbound calls?
Thanks

SteveInWA

No.  Google Voice doesn't support caller ID name.