News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call Forwarding Not Working

Started by SamBass, May 16, 2016, 12:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamBass

I am struggling to get call forwarding setup on my Obi1062's. I have two Google Voice numbers tied to two separate service providers (SP1 & SP2). I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get this to work. When I am on the first line and the line rings again, it routes it to the first number and it significantly effects the signal. I am trying to get it where if one line is busy, then it will roll over to the second one, and vice versa.

I called Obihai support this morning at their office and was told to post here. I have the "Inbound Call Route" set to ph,ph2 and have unchecked and marked the box right next to the "Call Forward If Busy". I have tried for SP1 to put ph2(#) and with the full number in it such as ph2(5555555555).

If that isn't possible, then is their a way to say up a delay to call the second number? I really want to make this work, but I can't seem to get over this crucial hurdle.

Thanks in advance for your help!

SteveInWA

Google Voice isn't designed to work that way.  You are describing a "hunt group", which is not a feature of Google Voice.  You can instead use any of the SIP VoIP service providers that offer this feature.

Google Voice isn't intended to be a business-class solution.

SamBass

Ok, I was not aware of that. So if I got a business use number from say Callcentric, then I could forward my Google Voice number to the Callcentric service, assuming it had a hunt group? I am trying to avoid having to port my number again, this number was originally a landline. I thought that Google Voice was capable of call forwarding, but clearly that is not the case.

SteveInWA

No, you won't be able to make that work reliably.  I understand the hassle, but you need to bite the bullet and port your Google Voice number over to Callcentric.  Once you do that, you can easily set up a hunt group, or simultaneous ring, or any of the other features they offer.