News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

google account password changed, now: This OBi device's annual support expired

Started by fuguansun@gmail.com, June 23, 2015, 09:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuguansun@gmail.com

I change my google account password because some suspicious activities.  Now I cannot get it back to work. I even tried to reset to factory default, it kept giving me this message:

Please Note:
This OBi device's annual support entitlement has expired. An important software update with enhanced security and ease of use features is required to maintain Google Voice service on this OBi device. To automatically upgrade this device using the OBiTALK portal as well as get an entitlement to Obihai's Premium Support help desk, a paid support plan is required. To purchase 1-year of Obihai Premium Support, use the button found in the Support and Warranty tab. When device's support status is Active, the software update can continue by selecting the update triangle adjacent to the device, in the OBiTALK dashboard.

How do I get my phone working?

Thanks in advance.

Taoman

Quote from: fuguansun@gmail.com on June 23, 2015, 09:07:47 AM

How do I get my phone working?

Thanks in advance.

You will need to update your firmware manually. You should then be able to configure your GV configuration on your OBi.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=10028.msg66308#msg66308

fuguansun@gmail.com

Thank you very much. But somehow the web interface wont let me update any of those. Seems not modifiable.

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> SignalingProtocol: Google Voice
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName: GV_ID@gmail.com
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> Password: GV_Password

Taoman

After updating to the latest firmware you can only configure Google Voice thru the Obihai web portal.

drgeoff

Quote from: fuguansun@gmail.com on June 23, 2015, 10:49:21 AM
Thank you very much. But somehow the web interface wont let me update any of those. Seems not modifiable.

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> SignalingProtocol: Google Voice
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName: GV_ID@gmail.com
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> Password: GV_Password
If you are just trying to enter username and new password in the same manner that you did before, that will no longer work.  Follow SteveInWA's instructions: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

fuguansun@gmail.com

I still need help. I downloaded the 2872 firmware update and somehow I cannot update the obitalk box. There is no any choices I can put into the system management. How does that work? Please advice.

Seems I cannot put this new updates to the url, there is no way it will let me choose the update file and load to the box.  Please help here.

Thanks in advance.

fuguansun@gmail.com

Thank you very much. This works.

I have one more question for Anveo E911 configuration. I went ahead paid $15 for the Anveo E911 service for a year. However I saw :
SP2Anveo E911Service Not Configured

So is that mean I could not make amy 911 calls?  How to be sure it is working and functional?

Thanks again in advance.

yorktown