News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI100 Google Voice (again)

Started by radleresq, May 24, 2016, 08:33:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radleresq

Hello,
I'm having the error with the OBI100 that i wrote about here last week: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11250.0  and other people here: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11252.0

I honestly don't know when it started, I haven't used the phone since Friday.  But- trying to go through some of the fixes that other people have tried- I run into a strange problem.  My obitalk screens don't look like the ones in the online manuals.  My screen shot is attached.  The obivoice gateway option is just a 1 character square with no drop down options.

Can someone help me?  Also, I really don't understand all the tech stuff about authentications etc.  I really need help broken down for me.  Thanks in advance,

Robin

drgeoff

The device which you have christened 'Robin' is a softphone, not an Obi100.  Is that the only 9 digit number listed on your Dashboard?

radleresq

Hi
Thanks for your responses.  The issue resolved itself again after I got home.  I thought I had updated the firmware using the ***6 method before.  Maybe it didn't take.
So I did it manually, but my obitalk screen still looks like the one in my original post.  that's the only thing that comes up on my dashboard and the device that sits on my bookshelf says it is an OBI100 and looks exactly like the ads on the side of the screen for an OBI100. 

Robin

SteveInWA

You need to click the "Add device" link on the left side of the OBiTALK dashboard web page, then follow the instructions, to enter **5 to add your OBi to your OBiTALK account.

drgeoff

Quote from: SteveInWA on May 24, 2016, 02:15:56 PM
You need to click the "Add device" link on the left side of the OBiTALK dashboard web page, then follow the instructions, to enter **5 to add your OBi to your OBiTALK account.
I had originally included similar words when composing my post above but deleted them after reading the first link in the OP's first post. That says he had had this OBi100 working with GV for a year and a half.

I thought that meant he must have had the device added to his Dashboard in the past.  On reflection I realise he could have configured GV using only the local interface, without having added the device to his Dashboard.