News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Importing GV Contacts to OBi1062

Started by super, June 01, 2016, 08:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

super

I'm in my first week with an OBi1062 (v5.0.0 build:3496.1311) and have it pretty well setup and working with Google Voice.

I've imported all my GV contacts (100+) but now noticing a problem when dialing from the phone Contacts list. On the GV side most of my contacts have 3 telephone numbers, usually Home, Mobile, & Work. On the OBi1062 side the fields are Primary, Mobile, & Work. So the Mobile and Work numbers seem to import correctly but the Home number is lost unless I change it to "Main" on the GV side.

I'm not anxious to edit 100's of contacts to make them import correctly from Google Voice. Is there anyway I can modify the OBi contact field names so they match GV and will correctly import? Maybe something I can change in Expert Configuration? Thanks for any help.

Update: Here's a further piece of information. A friend just called me and his Name displayed correctly on the incoming call and call log even though his Home number isn't visible in his OBi contact. So his Home number was imported from GV but isn't displaying on the OBi side.

super

Never mind, I found it. Just had to enable the "HomeNumber" field in "Phone Book Fields" in "User Preferences" and all is well now.