News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 Device added but no service configured under SP1 for Google Voice

Started by JackDorson, June 05, 2016, 07:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackDorson

Hello

I've been using Obi110 since Sep 2012 without any issues until now. Suddenly everything stopped working.

I performed below steps:

1. Reset the configuration from 192.168.x.x & rebooted
2. Deleted device from obitalk.com
3. Hard reset the Obi110 device by putting a pin after disconnecting power, waiting for red light, etc, etc making sure hard reset is done correctly.
4. Cleared all browser histories, cookies, etc. (tried different browsers too)
5. Logged into Gmail account with which GV was configured.
6. Logged into obitalk.com & signed in with Google which used above logged in details.
7. Added device back
8. Device got added without any issues & dashboard at obitalk.com shows green status as Online.
9. However, I remember earlier it used to ask for google account & password as part of Oauth2.0 after adding device but that never showed up due to which the service provider was not configured & SP1 showed as "offline" & after 2 more automatic reboots of device, it just shows as "Not configured".

My firmware was already upgraded to 1.3.0.2872 a year back itself but I still upgraded to same again just to be sure & re-performed all above steps but yet no luck. Did this almost 10+ times adding/deleting device, no luck either.

Echo test works fine as well. Device gets added as well but the main issue is the service provider Google which does not get added automatically as it stopped asking for Oauth2.0 authentication which it used to ask.

I tried to set up things manually as well via Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName, AuthPassword & Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> SignalingProtocol=>Google Voice and with few other settings but that didn't work either.

The 2 green lights (Power & Phone) are showing correct on device as if everything is fine. However, it gives "No service configured" error when trying to make call from phone since no SP is configured.

At this point, I'm out of all options & looking for experts help here. Should I downgrade to firmware v1.3.0-2824? Can I even downgrade?

I'll appreciate if someone can guide me with any other options left.

Note: I confirmed that my GV account is working fine by making calls via Google account via browser plugin.

Thanks in Advance!
Jack

SteveInWA

Jack,

• Download and save the .fw file from this link:  http://fw.obihai.com/OBi110-1-3-0-2886.fw
  • Pick up the phone attached to your OBi and dial ***1 and write down the IP address that it reads to you.
  • Open a web browser to that address.
  • Click System Management-->Device Update-->Firmware Update-->Select file to update firmware.
  • Browse to the file you downloaded and select it.
  • Click the "Update" button.

JackDorson

Thanks Steve! That worked but now I'm having bad call quality. The other party cannot hear me most of the time & voice gets cut in between. I also cannot hear other party properly.

Any setting that I need to do to make voice hearing better?

SteveInWA

Call quality is largely determined by the quality and reliability of your broadband internet connection, and any competing network activity on your home/office LAN.  There are no OBi settings that would cause poor call quality via Google Voice/Chat.

JackDorson

hmmm..I've 30 MBPS internet connection via Belkin AC1200 router.

SteveInWA

Quote from: JackDorson on June 06, 2016, 01:18:50 PM
hmmm..I've 30 MBPS internet connection via Belkin AC1200 router.

Raw download speed means nothing when analyzing a broadband connection's suitability for VoIP.  When you download files, or watch a video, your computer or player gizmo buffers the data stream, which minimizes the appearance of connection problems.  VoIP is real-time, and the G.711 CODEC used by Google Chat and most other VoIP calls is pretty intolerant of dropouts, jitter and packet loss.

You can sign up for some other VoIP service, and try it out on your OBi, to see if you get better results, if you believe it's specific to Google Voice.

HateNettalk

Steve:

I have been having the same exact problem as the first comment.  Every time I try to configure my SP1 and SP2, it says I need to buy the one year Warranty.  I deleted my device, rebooted it, and added it back to Obitalk but it still says I need to buy the one year warranty when I try to configure SP1 or SP2.  I just followed your advise about uploading the 2886 firmware.  Anything else I need to do to get this to work.  I use this Google Voice/OBI phone as my only phone.  I don't even know how long it hasn't been working.  I had changed my Gmail password several days ago.  When I went to make a call today, it said I had to change the password on OBI.  Thus started all these problems for me.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  I having been using OBI 100 for a long time without any problems.

Thanks,

Susan

SteveInWA

Susan, this problem was fixed by the build 2886 firmware update.  If you follow(ed) my answer above, then your OBi should be working again.  You may need to re-do the Google account authentication procedure again:

Log into your Google Voice account on a laptop or desktop computer's web browser and go to this page:

https://www.google.com/voice#phones

Confirm that you are, in fact, logged into the correct Google account that holds your Google Voice number, which should appear on the left side of the page, under the exact two words, "Your number".

Press Ctrl-T to open a new browser tab in the same browser.  Go to the OBiTALK dashboard and click on the SP you want to configure.  Click "Accept" on the pop-up box warning about emergency calling.  On the next page, click the link "Click here to replace the active Google account", and then follow the steps to re-authorize OBiTALK to access the Google Chat service on your Google account.