News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV Backing off? OBI NOT WORKING DO NOT PAY $10 Manully Upgrade FW

Started by hapollo, June 14, 2016, 02:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hapollo

It seems today is full of posts about GV backing off and $10 ransomware is being paid to get GV working again.

As much as I love my Obi and thank OBi for their solution, I have an issue with them doing something on their end leading people to pay the $10 needlessly.

The solution:

Manually upgrade your firmware to 2886 and the $10 pop up with disappear from your Obitalk Portal.

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11256.msg73954#msg73954

firmware 2886 is for OBI1xx if you have a Obi2xx use this 5264 firmware instead

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9983.msg73804#msg73804

SteveInWA

Stop the spam.  This question has already been answered over and over and over again.

• Download and save the .fw file from this link:  http://fw.obihai.com/OBi110-1-3-0-2886.fw
  • Pick up the phone attached to your OBi and dial ***1 and write down the IP address that it reads to you.
  • Open a web browser to that address.
  • Click System Management-->Device Update-->Firmware Update-->Select file to update firmware.
  • Browse to the file you downloaded and select it.
  • Click the "Update" button.

hapollo

Apologies if I annoyed you but while it has been addressed individually within threads, I though it would be helpful to post in 3 sub forums since the question about backing of keeps arise in different subject headings.

OBI100 Stopped Working after Firmware Upgrade

Obi100's disabled until you shell out $10!

Error: no service configured

So, IMHO Backing off and $10 seems to be more pertinent and eye catching as the Subject header.

notconfident

I have been working on this for hours today. My Obi 100 stopped working. I have updated the software and rebooted many times. It is still not configured for Google Voice, and any attempts to add Google as a voice provider in the other SP just takes me in circles trying to squeeze $10 out of me! I can't figure out how to get it working again.  ???

Taoman

Quote from: notconfident on June 14, 2016, 05:48:47 PM
I have been working on this for hours today. My Obi 100 stopped working. I have updated the software and rebooted many times. It is still not configured for Google Voice, and any attempts to add Google as a voice provider in the other SP just takes me in circles trying to squeeze $10 out of me! I can't figure out how to get it working again.  ???

Doesn't sound like your device was actually updated. Have you gone in to the System Status page and looked at what the SoftwareVersion actually says? Does it actually say:

1.3.0 (Build: 2886)

SteveInWA

Quote from: Taoman on June 14, 2016, 05:57:11 PM
Quote from: notconfident on June 14, 2016, 05:48:47 PM

Doesn't sound like your device was actually updated. Have you gone in to the System Status page and looked at what the SoftwareVersion actually says? Does it actually say:

1.3.0 (Build: 2886)

Yah, we should be very clear and unambiguous about this:

• The ***6 upgrade method will not solve this issue
  • Clicking the "latest" firmware download link on this forum will not get you the 2886 build necessary to solve this issue.
  • You must follow the instructions posted above

notconfident

Yes. I shows 1.3.0 (Build 2886) when I log in to the IP address.

SteveInWA

Quote from: notconfident on June 14, 2016, 08:00:20 PM
Yes. I shows 1.3.0 (Build 2886) when I log in to the IP address.

Follow my complete instructions here, to re-authorize your device with Google Voice:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

notconfident

It will not let me add Google Voice as a service provider without paying $10! It just keeps sending me in circles. I am so exhausted from dealing with this. I have never had so much trouble before. Through all of the changes over the years, I have always found Obi/GV to be a little quirky, but easy to fix with a little research and time. This one really has me stumped. Will have to tackle it again tomorrow.

Also, trying to get Windows 7 updates on the other laptop (which have seemingly been disabled by Microsoft), but that's a whole other headache. Geez!

SteveInWA

Quote from: notconfident on June 14, 2016, 08:33:59 PM
It will not let me add Google Voice as a service provider without paying $10! It just keeps sending me in circles. I am so exhausted from dealing with this. I have never had so much trouble before. Through all of the changes over the years, I have always found Obi/GV to be a little quirky, but easy to fix with a little research and time. This one really has me stumped. Will have to tackle it again tomorrow.

Also, trying to get Windows 7 updates on the other laptop (which have seemingly been disabled by Microsoft), but that's a whole other headache. Geez!

Please stick to one thread.  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11350.msg74712#msg74712

I absolutely guarantee that your issue is caused by not following the instructions fully.  Tomorrow, after a hopefully good night's sleep, start over, from the very beginning, deleting your OBi device off of the OBiTALK web portal, verifying that you have indeed upgraded to build 2886, and following my entire set of instructions.

notconfident

FINALLY got it working! It is a little wonky- slow to connect, and there are some weird red messages on the IP address page interface, but I will ignore those for now. Fingers crossed.

drgeoff

Quote from: notconfident on June 15, 2016, 09:17:32 AM
FINALLY got it working! It is a little wonky- slow to connect, and there are some weird red messages on the IP address page interface, but I will ignore those for now. Fingers crossed.
Ignore those at your peril.  What exactly do they say?

(And they are not caused by changing the firmware or anything Obihai or GV did that necessitated updating the firmware.)