News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can sp2 be setup via the web interface and SP1 via OBITALK obi110

Started by dizzyman, June 25, 2016, 07:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dizzyman

My initial setup was done some time ago. I believe that Google Voice service was setup on SP1 and callcentric was setup on SP2 and was used for 911 service only. Later when Google announced that GV would no longer work with OBI, I switched to callcentric for all my calling needs. I left it configured on SP2.

Now I would like to re-enable GV services on SP1. I understand that I need to use ObiTalk to configure to configure Google voice. I also understand that one can't/shouldn't use both ObiTalk and the Web interface to the Obi110 to change parameters. Since SP1 is to be used for GV service, I must use ObiTalk to configure SP1. However I would like to know if that means I also need to use ObiTalk to configure callcentric on SP2?, or can I still manage SP2 using the web interface?

drgeoff

Either

Use only the portal

or

Configure GV first, the turn off Obitalk provisioning and do further configuration locally.

Whichever you use, you may find it helpful to start by making a backup.  You can then import that into the Expert mode on the portal to save needing to re-enter any of your non-GV settings.

SteveInWA

If you are going to use the portal to configure Google Voice, and you are also a Callcentric user, you might as well use the portal to configure Callcentric, too.  The portal will auto-populate the correct configuration for use with Callcentric.

Click, for example, SP2.  Then, scroll down the page toward the bottom, and click "OBiTALK Compatible Service Providers".  Callcentric will be on the list on the next page.  Click it, enter your credentials, submit, and you're done.