News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 was unplugged for a year...plugged back in and now not connecting to GV

Started by Pupster, July 18, 2016, 08:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pupster

The box was working fine a year ago and I configured it via the ObiHai portal. Box was unplugged for a year, and I plugged it back in and when I called, it said I had to go to the portal to configure. It gave me the "no service configured" error.

After doing some reading, I found that I can get around the $10 out of warranty service charge by downloading the FW directly and upgrading the device manually. However, I prefer to maintain the lower firmware, as some people have suggested they can get the device working manually using the username/password logins.

Soo...

Auto Provisioning and Updates are now turned off...

HardwareVersion   1.4   
SoftwareVersion   3.0.1 (Build: 4084)

WithOUT using Obitalk, how can I configure SP1 to connect to Google Voice? I've followed the instructions here:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30162190-

When I dial, I get the message: "Beep Beep Beep. There is no service available to complete your call. Beep Beep Beep. There is no service available to complete your call."

Looking at the INTERNAL webserver page, I see:

"SP1 Service Status
Parameter Name   Value   
Status   Backing Off (2s):TCP connection to 1xx.192.1xx.xx failed   
PrimaryProxyServer      
SecondaryProxyServer      
CallState   0 Active Calls"

Any ideas? Seems like the box isn't even connecting to Google Voice. I do have Google Voice forwarding to google chat and enabled to accept less secure device connections.

Please help me manually configure w/o having to upgrade to the newer protocol/firmware, as I don't want to use the portal. Thanks.

SteveInWA

Just upgrade your device's firmware and use the portal.  Hundreds of thousands of users are using the service that way.  There is no legitimate reason to not do so.

Pupster

Quote from: SteveInWA on July 18, 2016, 11:33:40 PM
Just upgrade your device's firmware and use the portal.  Hundreds of thousands of users are using the service that way.  There is no legitimate reason to not do so.

I get what you're saying, but I don't want to be on a portal where Obi can decide at any time to lock the firmware, etc. It seems like this may be related to Google dropping  SSLv3, RC4:

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11444.0

Anyone have a detailed how to on how to configure the Obi202 w/ Asterisk?

drgeoff

+1 to SteveInWA's urging to upgrade the firmware and use the portal.

If you really insist on not doing that,

1. using a 202 with Asterisk is a trivial setup. If you can configure Asterisk, you should not need to ask questions about 202 to Asterisk.

2. you can use the Simonics gateway service to connect your 202 to GV. There is a one time setup fee of about $6.

SteveInWA

but I don't want to be on a portal where Obi can decide at any time to lock the firmware, etc.

This is just balderdash and poppycock, to borrow from drgeoff.

Obihai is a small company of engineers.  They just want to make and sell great hardware.  They aren't "big brother", and they have no interest in remotely bricking or otherwise meddling in your long-term ability to use their products.  Firmware updates have always been free, and continue to be free.  That topic has been discussed to death.

The authentication issues with Google Voice have been a result of Google improving the security of their services.  Obihai had to react to Google's changes, to enable continued access to Google accounts.

See:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11384.0