News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

202+Callcentric+unique ringing

Started by Maine_Yankee, July 28, 2016, 02:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maine_Yankee

So I am building up a 202 for a 3-4 number Callcentric account. I am configuring it from the remote obihai portal <https://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev> as the eventual users are several states away.

I read several old threads here on ringing but have not yet fully grasped how all the parts fit together......

I envision this as follows:

SP1: 9020  Port 1
   SP2: 4755  Port 2
   SP3: 8090  1 & 2
   SP4: later

In other words, each spouse has her/his own line, but the house line (8090) rings both physical ports, so if Jack on on his line, Jill's will ring, & the inverse.

Plus, I want distinctive ringing cadences.

I have gone to the OBi Expert Configuration Menu, saved a "Oh crap" backup, entered Expert mode, and under Ring Setting found Ring Profile's A & B. And in each are ten Ring Patterns. And under Voice Service there are SP1-4 settings; within each is X_RingProfile (A vs. B).

BUT I don't see where the chosen {1 of 10 possible} Ring Pattern connect to a given SPn.

Plus, I'm unsure how call waiting and voicemail multiple lines fits together. I think I can specify the # of simultaneous calls on the Callcentric site; and that is per number, not account.

So Jack can have CW on 9020, Jill can NOT have it on 4755, so it & 8090 will just overflow to voicemail. True?

Can I have the 8090 NOT interrupt an in-use Port but the 2nd 9020 call will?

I'm sure this is enough questions to get me confused.....
[Click & Clack always said "The questions are always easy; it's the answers that are hard..."]

drgeoff

A Voice Service uses one of the four available ITSPs.  An ITSP uses either Ring Profile A or Ring Profile B.  Each of Ring Profile A and B can be configured from the 10 patterns.

Maine_Yankee

Do I have a backwards then?
The Profile A has one pattern, and B has one pattern; so you can have only 2 patterns on the box?

Taoman

Choose your ring pattern for each trunk:

Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_DefaultRing

drgeoff

Quote from: Maine_Yankee on July 28, 2016, 03:28:07 PM
Do I have a backwards then?
The Profile A has one pattern, and B has one pattern; so you can have only 2 patterns on the box?

No, 20 patterns.  !0 in Profile A and 10 in profile B.  You select which of A and B Profiles and which of the 10 in that Profile you want an SP to use. X_RingProfile and X_DefaultRing.

Maine_Yankee

Quote from: drgeoff on July 28, 2016, 04:04:49 PM
No, 20 patterns.  !0 in Profile A and 10 in profile B.  You select which of A and B Profiles and which of the 10 in that Profile you want an SP to use. X_RingProfile and X_DefaultRing.

Ahh, I was looking for a RingPattern variable name.. Thanks

Maine_Yankee

OK, next issue.

For CallCentric, to retrieve VM you go offhook & enter *123

• But star codes mean things to the Obi itself. I assume that's why sometimes I hear the VM playback & ringback at the same time. What's the solution?

• How do I retrieve the VM on SP3 & SP4?

azrobert

You're not explaining exactly what you want. I'm assuming SP3 is for VM on PH1 and SP4 for PH2. I don't know what you are hearing. When you dial *123 are you getting to the correct VM, but hear the ringback? Did you make any changes for VM? Anyway, this is how to do it:

Physical Interfaces -> Phone1 Port -> DigitMap
Add following after the beginning parenthesis: *123|

Physical Interfaces -> Phone1 Port -> OutboundCallRoute:
Add following to the beginning: {*123:sp3},

Do the same for Phone2, except route the call to SP4.
The DigitMap will take precedence over the Star Code profile.

Maine_Yankee

SP1 has a CC extension#; when you call its DN, the phone in the first jack rings.
SP2 has a 2nd CC extension#; when you call its DN, the phone in the second jack rings.

In both those cases, picking up the appropriate line & dialing *123 gets you the respective VM.

SP4 has a third # extension & DN; it rings both Jack1 & Jack2. It has its own VM.
How do you retrieve that voicemail?

drgeoff

Quote from: Maine_Yankee on August 18, 2016, 12:25:32 PM
SP1 has a CC extension#; when you call its DN, the phone in the first jack rings.
SP2 has a 2nd CC extension#; when you call its DN, the phone in the second jack rings.

In both those cases, picking up the appropriate line & dialing *123 gets you the respective VM.

SP4 has a third # extension & DN; it rings both Jack1 & Jack2. It has its own VM.
How do you retrieve that voicemail?
Have you tried **4*123 ?

Maine_Yankee

Plan to have the customer do so; was seeking any experience with this mix of hardware & carrier.....