News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Import / Export - does it have any use whatsoever?

Started by bediddleby, August 02, 2016, 04:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bediddleby

I backed up my defective OBi202 using the option under Expert Config, but when importing, I get nothing. Looking at the file, it's basically a bunch of defaults; none of my information was in it. What use is this feature?

azrobert

In the past the Backup from the Portal didn't work. I don't know if it's still broken or you're doing something wrong. I only used the portal to define GV and now just use the local interface, so I'm not going to try it. Backup from the local interface and the Import from the Portal works. I used it when defining GV. This doesn't help if your OBi is dead and you can't use the Local interface.

Edit:
I just tried a Backup from the Portal and it worked. It created a file "backup-200425562.xml" in my Download folder. I browsed the file and it looks good. It does contain the defaults for the unchanged parms.

bediddleby

I got the XML file, but I couldn't find anything useful in it; none of my settings. When I imported, there was no change to the OBI's configuration.