News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obihai 200 interrupted firmware update

Started by david123456789, August 25, 2016, 04:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david123456789

I mistakenly pulled out the plug for the device when it was updating the firmware.  It is now blinking green/red.  I tried to login to the device with the IP, but it won't let me in with the default password.  I never got a chance to change it.  I tried using the reset button on the bottom, but that doesn't seem to work either.

SteveInWA

You probably bricked it by doing that.

You can try the factory reset procedure explained on this link.  Use the method involving holding in the reset button for at least 10 seconds.

https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/Troubleshooting-sec/How-to-Factory-Reset

If that doesn't work, it's now a doorstop.

david123456789

Great!  >:(  Love doing that to something that just came in the mail today.  That was the reset procedure I was following.  After the solid green, it goes back to blinking red.

SteveInWA

So, pick up the phone attached to the OBi.  Does it respond to ***1 with a spoken voice telling you its IP address?  If so, you can attempt to update the firmware directly from that address.  If not, you killed it.

david123456789

SteveInWA

If it is a brand-new device purchased from an authorized retailer (e.g. Amazon, Fry's, BestBuy, Newegg, Walmart), then you can contact Obihai for help, to see if there is some way to recover.  Otherwise, live and learn.