News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

My Telephone Rings Incompletely (OBi110 & Google Voice)

Started by Jane, August 28, 2016, 05:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jane

Good evening.

Okay, ever since I was forced to setup my OBi110 through OBiTalk using the web portal device configuration in June, I'm having an ongoing problem where incoming calls intermittently ring my telephone connected to the OBi110.

I was not having this problem prior to being forced to setup my OBi110 using the OBiTalk web portal.  Incoming calls will partially ring the telephone.  It's very strange — as if there isn't enough power or something to ring the telephone fully.

Since being forced to setup my OBi110 through the OBiTalk web portal, I lost a whole bunch of custom settings I had including dial plans, etc.  I cannot recall if I ever made a custom setting to fix this incomplete ringing problem.

So, instead of ringggggggggg/pause/ringggggggggg/pause/ringggggggggg/etc., I get ring/pause/ring/ring/pause/etc. (there's no discernable pattern to the incomplete rings.)

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Jane

LTN1

Perhaps the default ring (1 --I think you can have from 1 to 10) got corrupted somehow. Can you check under the SP that is being called to see the current "Value" under "X DefaultRing"? For the ring pattern you want, you should have it at 1. It should also have X_RingProfile value A.

I'll attach a picture of where that is when you enter OBi Expert Configuration Menu from the OBiTalk site.

Jane

Good evening, LTN1.

It's set to 1.  Please see attached picture.

Thank you for responding.

Jane

LTN1

I don't have anything else at this time except to try and reset your device and see if that will fix it:

https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/Troubleshooting-sec/How-to-Factory-Reset