News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

callcentric setup went away

Started by helpful55, September 08, 2016, 04:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helpful55

One thing after another. For some reason a local contractor cannot get through to my GV #. They say they have had no other phone problems and can call the area code my number uses. It seems like everyone else can call me just fine. Google is no help in trying to troubleshoot this part. I gave the contractor my callcentric number that also comes through my obi. They called to make sure and it was ok. A week later I had some kind of strange glitch or problem where apparently my gmail account was off and I was not signed in to it due to that. That of course caused my obi to not have a connection and when this got reset and going again now my GV # works but the callcentric # is listed as "Register Failed: No Response From Server". What I see in the setup box for that looks correct unless maybe the password is incorrect. What is the problem now or how do I reset this so it works? Now this contractor will not even be able to call me. Thanks.

helpful55

The only password I can set up is for extension 100. Is that the default line that would be my cc # without any extension numbers after it? I have that password set up and I have been working with cc for three weeks now and nothing we have tried gets any authorization contacts to their system from what they say. They looked at all of my setup pages and even did a factory reset of the obi and no go. When I was looking at some of their cc/obi set up pages I see I have no Service Providers > ITSP Profile > General > Name: Your Desired Name, or your 1777 number in that box like they instruct to do. Also in Voice Services > SP Service the AuthPassword box it is empty. Seems like that may be needed or it wouldn't be there?

drgeoff

Quote from: helpful55 on September 29, 2016, 04:00:59 AM
The only password I can set up is for extension 100. Is that the default line that would be my cc # without any extension numbers after it? I have that password set up and I have been working with cc for three weeks now and nothing we have tried gets any authorization contacts to their system from what they say. They looked at all of my setup pages and even did a factory reset of the obi and no go. When I was looking at some of their cc/obi set up pages I see I have no Service Providers > ITSP Profile > General > Name: Your Desired Name, or your 1777 number in that box like they instruct to do. Also in Voice Services > SP Service the AuthPassword box it is empty. Seems like that may be needed or it wouldn't be there?
1. The name is only an identifier.  You can put anything in there.

2.  The AuthPasword box should contain some asterisks.  The password itself will not be shown.

SteveInWA

If you look at the previous discussion I linked you to in my answer above, I gave you an annotated screenshot, showing how to use the OBiTALK web portal to enter the Callcentric SIP username (1777xxxxxxx) and SIP password.  It takes less than five minutes to get it to work, if you'd just use the portal and those two values.

You must first set (type in) your own, made-up SIP password on your Callcentric account.  Yes, it's for extension 100. Use that password.