News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

I just subscribed to Anveo e-911 with google voice as my primary service

Started by RossCoe, September 12, 2016, 06:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RossCoe

I just subscribed to the Anveo 911/ $15 per year and as I clicked thru the sign up, it stated the $15 will cover 1 year's service or five 911 calls. After 5 calls, you have to pay again. That doesn't seem right >:(, especially if you have someone very sick at home.
   The advertising for this service is misleading, and until you sign up and go thru the terms and conditions screens, there is no mention of a limit to 5 calls to 911.   ???
I have never called 911 ever, but I feel I should have the option if more calls are necessary due to circumstances. 
    Any thoughts to this service issue?

SteveInWA

Let's hope that you won't need to call 911 that many times in one year.  Some communities will impose penalties on households that make excessive 911 calls, given that it is intended only for truly life-threatening or property-threatening emergencies.

If you want a service that doesn't have a limit, then subscribe to Callcentric's 911 service instead, or just use a cell phone for those calls.

LTN1

Steve's advice about the CallCentric 911 service is an excellent choice for just a few dollars more than Anveo.

But assuming one is locked into Anveo for the first year, paying an additional $15 for more than 5 911 calls is the least of most people's concerns. The cost of the ambulance ride and ER co-pay, even if heavily offset by insurance is typically far greater than $15--unless the patient is an indigent of some sort.

Instead of worrying about the 6th 911 call, worry more about how to prevent the 911 medical emergency. Worst case, switch over to CallCentric 911 after the 5th Anveo 911 call--thanking God that the patient could still make 911 calls and it's not the end of the line.